Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am
(request) Loop setting of SS independent of current Sequence

e.g. you have a 6 bar Sequence A with the loop set to 2-3, and you got a 12 bar Sequence B loop setting 5-8.

If you go to Sequence B and set SS field to Sequence A, the loop setting of Sequence A will be ignored.

I'd like to have the SS sequence playback according to it's loop setting, this way you could choose an area that you like, loop it, go to another sequence set the loop to off and jam over the looped area of the first sequence. You basically get simultaneous tracks of different lengths.
By Sooty_G Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm
astronaut wrote:(request) Loop setting of SS independent of current Sequence

e.g. you have a 6 bar Sequence A with the loop set to 2-3, and you got a 12 bar Sequence B loop setting 5-8.

If you go to Sequence B and set SS field to Sequence A, the loop setting of Sequence A will be ignored.

I'd like to have the SS sequence playback according to it's loop setting, this way you could choose an area that you like, loop it, go to another sequence set the loop to off and jam over the looped area of the first sequence. You basically get simultaneous tracks of different lengths.

while the loop settings of a SIMULT SEQ will be ignored, their length will not.

so if you have a 5 bar sequence simulted with a 4 bar sequence, you will have simultaneous tracks/sequences of different lengths.
By astronaut Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 am
Sooty_G wrote:so if you have a 5 bar sequence simulted with a 4 bar sequence, you will have simultaneous tracks/sequences of different lengths.

yep, I know. For now I use this method, i.e. If I want to loop e.g. bars 4-5 in a 10 bar simulted sequence I edit it down to a 2 bar sequence, but this method takes too much time.