Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Bugfix Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:07 pm
Just a simple offline feature to time stretch notes, I don't think there's need to give examples of use. It just need a practical way of setting, and I think that only reasonable setting would be based on quarters +/- 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 . So having a project going on, I would like to have my bassline drop, to play half slower for a moment, so it would be -2/4 without counting anything. If anybody got another idea about setting it plz contribute.
By Bugfix Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 pm
I mean only space between notes, and I would like to stay in the same tempo BTW
so speed up or down notes, without tempo change on sequence
By bliprock Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 am
yeah well far as I can see, thats exactly what the tempo changes are for. And if I need to stretch and slow track, I just rewrite midi part myself. Otherwise DAW maybe, and your request is similar to the request about midi reverse that has been requested before. I write alot of MIDI and am in two minds about this idea. I am not digging it lots, but I am not disliking it.
By Bugfix Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 am
bliprock wrote:yeah well far as I can see, thats exactly what the tempo changes are for

You see, I don't want to change tempo of sequence, I want to do it on tracks independly, or all tracks at once, but without tempo change. That's why im saying s t r e t c h.

It's like I got few tracks (midi) recorded at 4/4, now I would like to loop one track at every 3 bars, but still having all events recorded like it would be 4 bars. So having for example main beat going in 90bmp this track would appear as moving through the sequence in sync (at 120bmp) but at less repeatable pattern. I don't mean two beats going on in diff tempo BTW
Now, I ain't got problems with recording this kind of tracks, but I would't mind having this as automatic function. Yeah it's like with reverse, notes will change positions.