Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By --- Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 am
In OS1, let's say you have a sample of a piano note on pad A01 and also on A02. A01 triggers A02 using SIMULT PAD. Now when you have events with pitch information in your sequence, the pitch will only be applied to A01, it will not be "forwarded" to A02. This is really annoying when trying to create bass sounds with multiple layers.
Is it a bug or a feature? :?
By --- Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:31 pm
bliprock wrote:Simult pad means it is playing two pads at once so of course if you change one pad it will not change other pad.

I'm not changing the pad in the program, the pitch information is in the sequence. If a pad triggers another pad, all attributes (such as velocity or pitch) should be forwarded to the other pad, right? :)
Last edited by --- on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By m:t:c Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:35 pm
No. Simulted pad will play as you've set it to play. It's just like hitting 2 (or 3 or 4) pads at the same time but you're only hitting 1 pad.
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 am
--- wrote:
bliprock wrote:Simult pad means it is playing two pads at once so of course if you change one pad it will not change other pad.

I'm not changing the pad in the program, the pitch information is in the sequence. If a pad triggers another pad, all attributes (such as velocity or pitch) should be forwarded to the other pad, right? :)

depends I believe velocity yes is conveyed to other pad. Now pitch, well that depends are you using drum program or midi program. And as m:t:c points out it is how you set it up. if you hit two keys on a piano then yes different notes see?
if your program is of chromatic samples over a drum program then same as a piano. But of course you can change these things and change sample tune or midi note.