Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 am
G thats a lot of +1s very quickly. I thought it was worth requesting, and am amazed at myself for still hitting save load accidently sometimes. You think you could train yourself not to hit those pads but still occasionally hit them. I thought about the idea of an info screen and a choice, and I think that is not really needed for me, because I only think its three windows locked out. We know loop window crashes MPC IF you go to it when playing, and load and save also stop playing if opened, so think opening any other window is no problem except these three. (loop, save, load). So why would you want choice, its only 3 windows locked out at most. I mean i use every window and dont need lockout for other windows as they do not stop MPC playing. So is that why?
m:t:c what other screen would you lock out and why. I see you want choice, so let me in on what you want to lock out and what does it mean for your workflow. you know in case I am missing something. It seems overkill to me, but you might have reason I do not know about.
By m:t:c Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 am
Info-screen & customize would be beneficial for new users & for people with different workflow. It might not be clear why these pads don't suddenly work like they should. Locks make most sense in a live situation, but if you're just sequencing in your lab you might want to jump to one of the locked screen quickly knowing that the sequence play will stop.
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:59 am
For sure, but I play all the way live m:t:c :D
Yeah I know what ya mean. I actually just checked and the lock out for *ahem the MIDI settings window as well needs it. So thats four now, and lends more weight to your argument. Yeah so I think you could be right, but i mean whats i wrong with hitting stop huh :shock: Thats what I thought to my self. And we are meant to read the update page on JJs website, so if he did implement it it would be there in his update notes, and you only have your self to blame if you can not figure it out why it does not work the same.
So in two minds about it still. like in lab or playing live. And what about loop mode? you cant have that as a option available, to turn off the lock out of the loop window wold mean back to square one, and we have crash. so I guess you mean options but not option for loop window? I just hit stop, seems more stable that way to me, and less chance for hanging MPC, so that has become a habit, and why I requested it, as stopping sequencer by opening windows can be a bit dogey sometimes, as it is more likely to hang or go pear shaped. get me. So yeah you would like it to have option of not lockout of certain pads, but i think its overkill and making it more complicated when all you do is have to hit stop. I think if we had it as a choice i would use it only once ever, and never change it again, so that says to me its like a extra option i wont ever use., cept once when i set it up. So you would change it though m:t:c? like have it set up for lab, and setup for live hey. hmmmmm. well you made me think. even after rant, i still think I would not use it. Maybe that would make a good poll? what would you lock out pad wise, and why ?? then we can get an idea what people want locked out. if there is a lot of people wanting lots of different Pad Lockout options instead of just the four above then means you would want pad lockout option for all 16 pads. well cept loop mode of course. to me that kinda is overkill when its about just stopping the sequence playing stopping when you hit a pad, which is what we like about it. So would just on off option be better?
By le rat Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 am
Well you can do live things without running the sequencer.

It was a good decision to lock the looper because it was an old shortcut for GPE and it was causing too many crashes.

But for people who are in a situation they have to avoid the output sound to be cut I think if we had an option to lock functions (save, load, record and seq edit? comes to my mind now for instance) it would be helpful.
By m:t:c Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 am
Agree, setting them individually might be overkill. One Lab/Live-toggle would be enough. Here Live-mode wouldn't allow access to screens that stop the sequencer involuntarily.

Edit: le rat's correct, output sound cut off is more drastic than seq stop.