Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm
right now you can only route the MIDI from a track to one of the two MIDI outs. I'd love to have an option added where you could route the MIDI data to any other track in the sequence.

I assume this should not be very difficult to implement since JJ already implemented this function for patterns.
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 am
its a MIDI sequencer astronaut. it has 32 channels of MIDI, so would get messy very quickly, I am sorry but you have to realize that sequencers work this way for a reason - that is that each track can represent a midi channel, and since sequences have been around, we use a different track for every one of the 32 channels of MIDI. if you want to send midi to another track we copy it to that track. Because MIDI is for in out with other gear, not so much internal with MPC. Its the same but different.
If you want you can patch it with MIDI devices, but thats complicated and can cause loops. Ie send out MIDI A channel 16, to other gear that will then have local on, and resend it to active track to record. But i do not recommend this. You can burn stuff this way. Well I have not seen MPC burn but other older beware sequencers that can not handle infinite MIDI loops do.
I can use p to 18 midi tracks with my gear, and even then all you do is copy or use pattern to pad function. Have you tried that instead, that would help you in this case
By astronaut Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:42 pm
bliprock wrote:its a MIDI sequencer astronaut. it has 32 channels of MIDI, so would get messy very quickly,

I don't see how it can get messy unless you make it messy. Just because I set one track to send it's output to another does not make it a mess.

if you want to send midi to another track we copy it to that track.

I do that with notes, but I need to be able to send midi from a midi track to an audio track to control the Q-Link setting of the audio track. I do this now with patterns, but since patterns first have to be recorded it means that you can't control the Q-link live, can't hear whats happening, plus patterns are limited to 4/4.
By Sooty_G Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:00 am
astronaut, this is a really complicated request to be making for what you want to do. since you stated that what you want to do is control the qlink of an audio track, why don't you request that specifically from JJ (the ability to record qlink changes directly into an audio track)?

you can also try physically connecting one of the MPCs MIDI OUT jacks to its MIDI IN jack with a cable.
(example: connect midi out A -> midi in B).

you can also tweak the audio track filter live and resample it as you are doing it.

or just make the audio track a sample and assign it to a pad in a midi track.
By astronaut Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 pm
Sooty_G wrote:you can also tweak the audio track filter live and resample it as you are doing it.

I don't think that's possible. You have to have the audio track in main view in order for the Q-link to affect the filters.

why don't you request that specifically from JJ (the ability to record qlink changes directly into an audio track)

I reckon this will require a lot of programming.

--

For now I'm just going to use my Yamaha RM1x for this purpose.
By bliprock Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:52 am
ok cool then resend, echo local on I think, from RX1x back to MPC and active track that you want to receive and that should then resend note or CC info around and back from the other track like you want to do