Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm
BUG:

In MODE-MIDI/SYNC (Pad9), MIDI CC/Note to Button tab. I have a Korg PadKontrol hooked up to MIDI In B. Hit a pad and got this:

so I guess incoming midi data does this if you in MIDI CC/Note to Button tab.
By TYPO Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm
astronaut wrote:BUG:

In MODE-MIDI/SYNC (Pad9), MIDI CC/Note to Button tab. I have a Korg PadKontrol hooked up to MIDI In B. Hit a pad and got this:

so I guess incoming midi data does this if you in MIDI CC/Note to Button tab.

No it does not.I use the button feature with a wide array of different sources and have never experienced this screen.I do not feel this is a bug. Make sure you have your settings correct.And there is always midi monitor to confirm what is being received. Peace TYPO
By astronaut Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:12 am
TYPO wrote:No it does not.I use the button feature with a wide array of different sources and have never experienced this screen.I do not feel this is a bug. Make sure you have your settings correct.And there is always midi monitor to confirm what is being received. Peace TYPO

I tried it a few more times and it did not behave the same every time. For example I had the midi to button turned off, hit a pad on the padkontrol, nothing happened, but as soon as I activated the option it gave me the same result.
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 am
No thats gonna be user error i think there astro, sorry. I just spent 5 minutes trying to recreate your bug, following what you did, using a different midi controller and could not get to go wrong like yours. I might suggest you reinstall JJosXL in case it was corrupted. download new version and follow the update method again, just in case. Its pretty painless but should get rid of problem.
If not, then you have to make sure you are all plugged in correctly. This is weird, MIDI is universal so to speak so something being sent from your controller is wrong, or cable is stuffed, or you have corrupted the os. Happens sometimes, but rare.
Though it seems the pad conrol is acting up
By TYPO Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 pm
astronaut wrote:
TYPO wrote:No it does not.I use the button feature with a wide array of different sources and have never experienced this screen.I do not feel this is a bug. Make sure you have your settings correct.And there is always midi monitor to confirm what is being received. Peace TYPO

I tried it a few more times and it did not behave the same every time. For example I had the midi to button turned off, hit a pad on the padkontrol, nothing happened, but as soon as I activated the option it gave me the same result.

This is what I meant in checking your settings.What is being received from the Pad Kontroll on the midi B input when you hit a pad in the midi monitor screen?The cc/button feature only works with the the single cc to feature.Hope this helps TYPO
By kvmoore Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 am
I went into the MIDI CC/Note to Button screen last night because I wanted to try something. As soon as I entered the screen, I saw the same thing the OP saw, weird characters!!!! This is was my first time ever encountering this. After I played around within the screen with the cursor keys and data wheel to move to different parts of the screen, the characters eventually went away somehow. I agree with the OP and I think this is a random bug. However, I don't think midi has anything to do with why these characters appear on the screen.

I'm going to access that screen again tonight and see if the same thing happens again. My guess is that this is a random bug that may not occur every time, thus making it difficult to reproduce but we'll see.
By bliprock Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 am
o its more than user error then, as its as been confirmed by other user. Must be a intermittent one though as nt many of us can get same result. (not that we want to get to that screen)
By TYPO Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm
Sooty_G wrote:re-install/update the os. hold down the ERASE key as you start up.

if the problem persists and you can reproduce it consistently, write out the steps to reproduce it in a clear 1,2,3 format and send it to JJ. also send JJ the photo of the screen as that can be helpful.

I still do not think this a bug.Follow Sooty_G advice and please keep us updated.Peace TYPO