Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 am
I so did not want to touch this post at all. Poor astronaut has copped his first c'mon son! or second maybe. At least your posts are getting more complicated generally astro, so thats means your getting into it and getting better. Remember work has its own rewards. Meaning your effort will be rewarded with a better outcome. It would have been quicker to actually rename sequence your self, instead of posting this request, dont you think? there are hundreds if not thousands of people using JJOS's and I do not thin a single one ever said omg omg it takes to long to rename sequence so I am gonna request that the sequence can have tempo in name.
If you thought about it, you answered your own question :evil: just copy text when you name first track or sequence, then paste this every time you name a sequence. so copy 128BPM and you solved your problem
By astronaut Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:42 pm
I get what you're saying, it's just the naming procedure in the MPC is something that I find time consuming. I have not mastered naming with pads, I can't get used to the letters starting with pad1 and going upwards.

This insertBPM request seems to me would not take much time and effort to implement.

p.s.

I don't want to start another request relating to the naming procedure, but I'd like the dot (PAD 11 in numeric mode) to be functional in the naming window. :mrgreen:
By bliprock Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:52 am
astronaut wrote:I get what you're saying, it's just the naming procedure in the MPC is something that I find time consuming. I have not mastered naming with pads, I can't get used to the letters starting with pad1 and going upwards.

This insertBPM request seems to me would not take much time and effort to implement.

p.s.

I don't want to start another request relating to the naming procedure, but I'd like the dot (PAD 11 in numeric mode) to be functional in the naming window. :mrgreen:

do you use the numeric button do you? and then bang pads. I scroll and i dig scroll and dont use pads to enter info ever. Well maybe occasionally for some data
By astronaut Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 am
bliprock wrote:do you use the numeric button do you? and then bang pads. I scroll and i dig scroll and dont use pads to enter info ever. Well maybe occasionally for some data

Well I use the data wheel for letters and the pads for numbers, but I need the dot when I need a division between numbers, if I use the insert button then the mpc exits numeric mode.

I guess the mpc can't read file names with more than one dot (the file extension dot), but I have not checked that yet.