Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 pm
request:

I'd like to have SONG mode not ignore the loop setting of the sequences. i.e. if you got a 6 bar sequence and you got LOOP set to 3-4, the MPC will only mixDown or convert the looped bars.
By m:t:c Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm
Song mode has never worked like that. Why dont you copy parts you need to new sequences and set them to play as many times you need in song mode.
By m:t:c Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Did u know you can convert song to a new seq? Have your loop part be one song and [CONVERT]. Now you can assign it back to your song where you need it with as many repetitions as you need. EZ.
By astronaut Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:31 am
Why dont you copy parts you need to new sequences and set them to play as many times you need in song mode.

yes I know about that, but this does not work with audio tracks.

Have your loop part be one song and [CONVERT].

Not sure I understand that. The SONG mode convert ignores the loop setting of a sequence.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:31 am
astronaut wrote:Yes I know about that, but this does not work with audio tracks.

And it won't because audio tracks are live.
Is this loop in a live audio track?
By astronaut Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 am
Lampdog wrote:
And it won't because audio tracks are live.
Is this loop in a live audio track?

What do you mean by live?

By loop I mean the loop setting of a sequence, not of a sample.
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 am
song is different to sequence astronaut. If you are in song mode you can set sequence to loop. set it to hold. But this is whole sequence. Of course it ignores loop in this mode, but as stated above it can be converted to sequence and loop set. Audio tracks do indeed loop, so maybe check mutes.
So you can copy the looped bit out and make it hold in song mode.
Try that