Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By djestouff Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 am
I would like the behavior of triggering slices in Trim NDC from a MIDI keyboard to function the same as the MPC pads.

For example:
I use NDC to chop a couple samples and assign them all to a single MIDI program. In the Trim screen, if I enable Program Mode, I can trigger the samples from my MIDI keyboard, but this only triggers the audio. It does not bring up the slice on screen. If I play the same slice with the MPC pad, that slice s brought up on screen allowing easy editing of start/end points. I want the MIDI keyboard to be able to bring up the sample in the Trim screen just like the pad does.

Another Example:
You have Break01 in Trim mode, and use NDC to slice it into 32 slices. You can now audition/select each slice with pads 1-16 Bank A, and 1-16 Bank B. It would be useful to be able to use a MIDI keyboard to be able to play/select all 32 slices without having to change banks
By djestouff Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm
bliprock wrote:why dont you just make a program of the NDC chop?

I make programs of NDC chops all the time. My issue is that triggering NDC chops via MIDI does not bring up the played chop on screen, whether that is in the Trim screen, Program screen, etc. If you play a slice with the pad, that slice is automatically selected on screen. Why cant playing the slice via MIDI do the same thing?