Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:01 pm
Care to enlighten us some more astro?
Just that it seems that it is not very forthcoming on the details front. I am not picking on you, but it is not very informative, and you show no reason. We just have to assume this request is better because ????
So how about more information and maybe if everyone thinks its a good idea then its more likely to be implemented. Giving hardly any info and no reason makes it harder for us to understand your idea. I do not mean make a demonstration, just elaborate more for us hey and tell us why you think it would be an improvement. This way you would get more interest and support. So why do you think being able to swap tracks around is a good idea?
By astronaut Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:14 pm
@bliprock

it's pretty simple, here's an example: You want to switch Track1 with Track6. You would would select track1, press swap, choose track6, press do, and the tracks switch places. Right now I only know of one way to do that:

copy, paste copy, paste, copy, paste, delete. that's to much.
By bliprock Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:45 pm
yeah I understand that, but do not understand why you would want to swap tracks! I kinda have a format myself so usually stick to that. Is it so they are next to each other in track mute window or to make it easier to change between them?
By astronaut Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 pm
It depends on what I'm doin'. If I use a template then ye no need for that function, but sometimes I experiment with different versions of a track, or I need to rearrange the track order to match them with the tracks on the RM1x, etc...
By m:t:c Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:54 pm
U don't need to do the "copy paste"-dance. Go to SEQ EDIT and press F3 (TrMOVE) and move tracks around as you want. Fast and easy! :)
By bliprock Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:45 am
m:t:c wrote:U don't need to do the "copy paste"-dance. Go to SEQ EDIT and press F3 (TrMOVE) and move tracks around as you want. Fast and easy! :)

I actually looked for that function, and assumed it was removed. LOL, how dumb was I? yeah dont answer that. Thanks m:t:c
By astronaut Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 pm
m:t:c wrote:U don't need to do the "copy paste"-dance. Go to SEQ EDIT and press F3 (TrMOVE) and move tracks around as you want. Fast and easy! :)

not in front of my mpc now, but afaik the TrMOVE function only moves the data of a track, it ignores the name of the track so you have to rename the destination track. And you still have to do a bit of acrobatics to swap two tracks.