Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Bathmutz Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm
Since nobody replies in my topic, I guess this belong here:

JJOS2xl (version 3.41, mpc2500) doesn't seem to save tuning and start/end-points information when saving just the wave file. I'm not talking about any programsettings, just the settings of the wavefile.
By bliprock Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 am
because it is just a wave file so does not actually have this info usually cept for cue point chunk info blocks as it is a RIFF. And cos tagged points get ignored by most readers of .wav and also MPC does not write the meta data here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV
Are you trying to import these points into software?
By Bathmutz Sun May 25, 2014 1:56 pm
Thanks Bliprock. No, I just want to save the tuning setting so i can try different wave samples in a program. And the start/endpoint would be nice for highlightng a part of the sample I want to use, but still want to keep the rest.
By le rat Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:13 am
[NOTE REPEAT]

Doesn't work properly with NOTE ON play mode
Issue described here

[WAIT FOR KEY]

Works in MAIN SCREEN and GRID EDIT

Doesn't work in STEP EDIT
If STOP+OVERDUB is pressed the "wait any pad or MIDI note" screen appears but overdub is immediately deactivated.
By innovine Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm
We'd get a hell of a lot of use out of being able to split an audio track into individual samples. For example: record to an audio track, 4 bars. Stop the sequencer. Now scroll the position to the start of bar three and press some Split button. This should divide the single take on the audio track into two, 2 bar long takes.
By innovine Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:41 pm
Sure, the looper and that screen where you can chain patterns together are basically worthless. I'd easy let go of those (and lots more) to get a way to split an audio track based on bars or quarter notes.

You can sort of replicacte this by setting a loop for the section you want to split. Then go to a new audio track and set its input toemain out, and hit record. You'll resample a take that starts at the loop start and is the loop length.
By bliprock Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 am
innovine wrote:and that screen where you can chain patterns together are basically worthless

WTF? you mean the song screen where you can do takes as well. I think a lot of users use this screen way more than you think.

In fact if you use that screen to do takes you have a work around to your audio track to bars, so I think you are a bit mad here. I think from memory you can set loop and do a take to get the part you want
By le rat Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 am
Yeah it won't be possible to delete something. There would be too many claims.
Personally I use the looper mode :wink:
Even if you want to delete the useless pitch shift at input thru you will find something against that lol

I'll ask if PONG uses a "lot of" memory. If space is needed PONG should be the first thing to be thrown.
By sally Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 am
le rat wrote:Sadly PONG doesn't use enough space. Even if it was removed nothing could be added.

Probably, a good programming of a tone generator/Waves, use even less space than PONG.
We see the trilemma here again. :-D

:idea: :mrgreen: :worthy:
By dshook Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 pm
innovine wrote:We'd get a hell of a lot of use out of being able to split an audio track into individual samples. For example: record to an audio track, 4 bars. Stop the sequencer. Now scroll the position to the start of bar three and press some Split button. This should divide the single take on the audio track into two, 2 bar long takes.

+1

I get that it's full, but couldn't the one person using input thru pitch shift or the pattern-per-bar mode (not SONG) just stick with their older version? Also I would love to be able to save sounds in .SND format, although I know this is probably not a priority for enough people to make it worthy of adding. But the ability to split audio tracks by beat/bar would be priceless for a lot of people I think.
By bliprock Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:21 am
dshook wrote:
innovine wrote:We'd get a hell of a lot of use out of being able to split an audio track into individual samples. For example: record to an audio track, 4 bars. Stop the sequencer. Now scroll the position to the start of bar three and press some Split button. This should divide the single take on the audio track into two, 2 bar long takes.

+1

I get that it's full, but couldn't the one person using input thru pitch shift or the pattern-per-bar mode (not SONG) just stick with their older version? Also I would love to be able to save sounds in .SND format, although I know this is probably not a priority for enough people to make it worthy of adding. But the ability to split audio tracks by beat/bar would be priceless for a lot of people I think.
Did you try TAKE in song mode?