Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By le rat Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:22 pm
[Q LINK][TRIM]

taken from here

Editing sample start and end points in TRIM mode with Q links is rough. It doesn't follow the zoom level.

[GRID EDIT]

taken from here

It's impossible to copy events from one pad to another. If the sequencer position is the same, it pastes events at the same location, creating copies of the same events in STEP EDIT and issues like phasing.
By bliprock Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:33 am
le rat wrote:[Q LINK][TRIM]

taken from here

Editing sample start and end points in TRIM mode with Q links is rough. It doesn't follow the zoom level.

[GRID EDIT]

taken from here

It's impossible to copy events from one pad to another. If the sequencer position is the same, it pastes events at the same location, creating copies of the same events in STEP EDIT and issues like phasing.
Its easy to copy a pad to another in grid. huh :shock: ?? OR you mean something else. I just did it before for first time in ages and love how quick it is to change the pad in a sequence. I am talking about how you want a change a pad in a track yeah? like I change from PAD 1 to PAD 2 in one second. And that with the ability to change pads with copy pad in program (which is totally a different thing here) means it is really easy to do anything. So to copy events from pad to pad you have to do two things.

How to copy events from pad to pad in a track
1. Copy Pad in program window. So say we are going to make everything on pad one go to pad two in a track, including the events. Highlight pad A1, hit window, and copy pad. You will now have two pads with the same sample and amp/filter/lfo ect. Half way there.

2. PAD MOVE. Go to grid edit window and hit window button, then use Pad Move function. In this case we are moving pad 1 to pad 2. Ok so now you moved all events to a pad that has the same settings as we made a copy of original in first step. You now have just copied events from one pad to another in a track.

If you mean something else then let me know, but this is what I think you mean above right?
By le rat Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 am
No it's simpler than that :)

It's an issue that newcomers often have because they probably don't know that we can use SIMULT1 or 2 as a workaround.

I did a video when I reported the issue again. It's dark and not very good so for the moment it will be written explanations only :)

-POWER ON
-GRID EDIT
-on pad 01, 4 events at 01.01.00, 01.02.00, 01.03.00 and 01.04.00
-COPY and selection field over these 4 events
-go to pad 04 at 01.01.00 and press PASTE

What happens? In Grid edit nothing has changed except that it has stepped to bar 2 (even if autostep increment is off, another unfixable behavior by the way). If you press PLAY you hear phasing.

Why? because you can't copy from one pad to another like this in Grid EDIT. Events stay on the same pad "line". Not being able to do this is not very logical imo.

Personally I don't really have the need to use the grid like this but at least it will be useful to prevent the sequencer from copying the events at the same position. ( Have a look at STEP EDIT and you will see 01.01.00, 01.01.00 and so on)
By le rat Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 am
Personally, the rare occasions I needed to do that is when I wanted a kind of "half-simult" i.e. copy events on another pad and then delete some events one by one.
There's SIMULT1 that allow copies of the triggering pad to other pads but it's in real time and afterwards it is pretty complicated.

I still think that being able to copy events from one pad to another in grid edit is a simple feature that should be here. If I'm not mistaken it's not possible to do it in SEQ edit neither. Long workarounds are :

-copy track, go to the other track, pad change, pad move
or
-copy sequence, go to the other sequence, pad change, copy in seq edit mode.
By bliprock Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 pm
ah i think i see what you are doing! your copying event data from pad to pad. I think that what you said only takes a second and you do say you do it rarely so to me that hardly constitutes a feature like that.
I get how it would be helpful but its only saving 10 seconds or something so no deal killa.
Why not just transpose pad and copy pad at once? Transpose will copy events to new pad
By bliprock Sat May 10, 2014 2:54 pm
le rat wrote:Contrary to Akai chopchop2.0, patch phrase is still in mono. The sound quality is rather bad and this feature is not very useful.

Removed in 128XL and OS3 btw.
yeah this can be done with patch phrase in a way, but if you chop by transients instead of multiple chop blocks like normal chop then it is harder to sequence. but then I just thought about cycle pad to get around that, say pad triggers after another, but do not think that works. I can sequence it out to get patched phrase but its a pain if you chop by transients. And you do need to chop by transients when its more a patch phrase. So simple beats are easy though.

So yeah chop by transients, then make a track that has the new program from this chop by transients, then sequence by ear to recreate the sample. Cos its by transients this takes careful thought and time and errors to get right. then make track a pattern. then assign pattern to pad. Now you have a patched phrase in OS 3 and XL
By le rat Thu May 15, 2014 9:03 am
[Q LINK MODE]

Sample start and end are handled as NOTE ON so it is impossible to use them at the same time for the same target. Q2 taking priority over Q1

NUMERIC KEY doesn't work in this mode due to potential issues with negative numbers.

NOTE REPEAT doesn't work either.
By le rat Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 am
Hi ShoRoc,
The future of JJ OS is OS128XL or OS3.
Personally I'm still on OS2XL.
Approximately each time I use the MPC I find a bug or a limitation.
That's why I'm reporting limitations here. Most of them are not written in the online manual. The aim of this topic to gather official limitations (blue notes in the online manual) and "unofficial" limitations. I can't edit the first post anymore but when everything is listed I'll merge all the information. It may takes months or years though.
By bliprock Sun May 18, 2014 11:40 am
Sometimes i want to go back to XL but then I don't. and mainly grid edit view. i can live with most limitations as they are really so much less limited compared to aksys or OS1 ect. In fact I am pretty happy and think its rock solid and am just picking up little simple things in the GUI or working out workarounds for these limitations above, which saves a request and time. So OS3 is where its at. cept grid view. I get that the Qlink to quantize is not a go and a limitation but I am yet to hear about the edit functions. So we need to know if that is a go. Qlink not ok but gotta have edit function in grid. time, velocity, time ect of note.
The bugs are less to screen wise to and that is cool.