Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm
bliprock wrote:Sys ex?! make me laugh :roll: have you ever programmed sys ex, why would you request that to control MPC when there is midi to button already? Come on your pulling my leg surely.

you can't control program parameters with midi to button, and many other things.

I messed around with SysEx, it's not that hard if the chart is easy to read. But if SysEx is difficult there are always NRPN's.
By Sooty_G Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 am
astronaut wrote:
bliprock wrote:Sys ex?! make me laugh :roll: have you ever programmed sys ex, why would you request that to control MPC when there is midi to button already? Come on your pulling my leg surely.

you can't control program parameters with midi to button, and many other things.

I messed around with SysEx, it's not that hard if the chart is easy to read. But if SysEx is difficult there are always NRPN's.

yeah, that midi to button thing honestly is just kind of bizarre. it is sooo easy to do destructive stuff accidentally with that, and so much is dependent on what screen you are on, where the cursor is, what order everything is done in, etc... it's just not usable for me.

JJ would have been much better off making some sort of internal midi cc / sysex map for internal params in the mpc, because:

1. it wouldn't matter what screen you are on when you execute a command.

2. you would have control over far more things than midi to button allows.

midi to button just allows you to get at controls that are already on the surface of the mpc. why do we need that? i want to get at the params that are deeper in the os that don't already have dedicated buttons: fx params, program params, loop settings of samples, etc... this is where sysex would come in.
By ThobRom Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 am
Has anyone else had a problem with 2XL in the edit function where your scrolling the edit points and they're moving on screen but the sound isn't moving and the edit point doesn't change?

Sometimes I can fix it by hitting pgmmode
on and off a few times (I always use it on).
But sometimes I have to leave the edit screen entirely.

I'm getting it in 332 and 333.
By le rat Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm
Hi,
Are you talking about TRIM mode?
Otherwise could you provide a detailed step by step?

By the way there's an old limitation in TRIM Mode when you edit a loop start and end points. If the loop is not retriggered it has no effect on the sound.
By le rat Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:20 pm
I can't edit the first post at the moment but there's also a limitation with MASTER TEMPO. Due to a lack of space for others parameters in the OS, it can't be saved properly in the MPC. That means if you reload a project in which you had a master tempo set in the first sequence, the sequence tempo will be shown. Not very handy when it concerns old projects.

Nevertheless it seems that a value for master tempo is saved in the system setup but the way it is handled is not very useful.
By ThobRom Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am
Yes I meant edit meaning trim.
:)

I dont remember having this problem before,
but it was really ravaging me while I was working on a certain project the other night.

Maybe my machine was getting hot or maybe it was just something weird about THAT project.
Maybe a weird .wav encode or some weird program settings or something.

I've since started another project and haven't been experiencing it again so far.
But if it happens again I could send you the program folder.
By m:t:c Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:48 pm
le rat, what's your take on future OS128XL/OS3 development? There are some major gripes I have with the OS vs. OS2XL/OSXL, but doubt that those would get solved cuz that would mean some changes in functionality and feature additions like:

* Rework GRID edit behaviour (loop edit's unnecessarily complicated)
** Regular STEP edit feature would work best here (similar to Maschine's)
* Add Q-Link GRID edit (now that the slider mode is much improved)
* Main screen LOOP mode (start-end bar selections)
* Effect sets back

There are some amazing features there, but to me (having used OSXL/OS2XL extensively) it feels like some of the core features and workflow improvements haven't been looked at properly. Hopefully that'll happen still. I'd love to get the XLCD to my 2500, but atm. don't find it feasible due to the OS lacking on some key areas.
By le rat Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 pm
Well I'm just in "wait&see" mode.

At the moment I'm happy with OS2XL. The OS2XL functions I like are half-crippled on OS3. Nothing gave me the need/ motivation to switch until now.

I don't really like the fact that things are first developed and implemented in 128XL and then OS3 users get a limited version.

So I'm waiting for the next big update.

My advice is if you're a OS3 user, just keep requesting and show what's going wrong.

Today's requests are tomorrow's OS :)
By m:t:c Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:09 am
* Asked out of curiosity if Q-Real would be possible to reimplement and it's not:
...since the grid of OS2XL and OS128XL differs in OS2 and specification, it cannot add Q-REAL.
Since many problems will arise in other grids if Q-REAL is added, it is difficult.

* "Note Variation" (NV) field in GRID is under consideration.

* I was confused about setting Loop in 128XL/OS3, but it's there and even better than before:
Grid: Image
Main: Image

* Submitted the following request (got the template "told to the programmer" answer):
I think the new OS128XL grid edit is overly complicated and would benefit from a more traditional type of STEP EDIT mode for example the one found in Maschine or previous JJOS versions where each pad represents single step. This could also be based on currently selected TC (16ths, 8ths etc.) and use BANKS A,B,C,D to total up to 4 bars of steps for quick editing.

* Requested EFFECT SETS back and the ability to save them separately (got the template "told to the programmer" answer).

* [MAIN] mode toggle wont be there. Causes new problems/bugs.

So there, lets see how this goes on. :-)
(Shoot! just noticed i posted this in OSXL/OS2XL thread... but I guess it's not a big deal as there's really good and related stuff here)
By le rat Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm
* I was confused about setting Loop in 128XL/OS3, but it's there and even better than before:
Grid: Image
Main: Image

it looks clearer than before but for me it's just adding a submenu and other steps (WINDOW + F4) and it's hiding the sequencer position in OS3

Anyway for me the annoying issue in this screen is the bar numbers field that resets loop to OFF. Sometimes I wonder if they really use the MPC when they introduce workflow slowing limitations.