Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:10 pm
Just had someone contact me about this and I'm able to recreate. Basically on majority of boot ups for 128XL 1.34 (MPC2500), sounds are coming out of all audio outputs with noise and phasing. This is system wide and no need to actually load anything into memory to trigger this. Simply boot up, go to LOAD and preview sounds from disk using PLAY. But if you do load a program, then the problem persists in PROGRAM when hitting pads, etc.

Have tried with multiple sound sources, same problem.

Have reinitialised several times.

I only had a copy of 1.01 to hand, but downgrading to this seems to have fixed it (6 re-boots so far and it's not returned)

Waiting for confirmation from the guy I was talking to regarding his exact hardware config, but we certainly both have MPC2500's running this. I'm running the original large screen with contrast knob.
By jrides Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 pm
I thought my DVD drive had something to do with this, and have been dealing with it for months. For whatever reason it seemed to stop if I rebooted with my dvd drive open. However if I loaded anything while it was still spinning up... phase and static city.

Glad someone thought to report this, as I have recreated this many many times.
Will try the workaround until it is addressed. The bug is a pain to deal with. Thanks for passing this along Tutor.
By allank Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Confirmed from JJ. Temporary fix is apparently to go to RECORD and change input to DIGITAL and back to ANALOG. I believe this is an MPC25000-only bug and can affect some earlier versions as well.

I'm using 1.40 and am still getting this problem..

I only get it on master outs and headphones though..

Also, it only happens with 128MB of RAM in.. I worked with only 16MB for a month and had no occurrences.. Tried new RAM.. same issue..