Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By padillac Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:53 pm
From this thread...

When I use portamento on an instrument program, and i play/repeat the same note, whether on a midi controller or on the pads, it will only sound the first one, for instance, if I play C-C-F-D-A-A-G-C-F, I will hear the following : C-_-F-D-A-_-G-C-F.

If you play A then B, it correctly bends from A to B.
If you play A, let go of the pad, and press A again, then the second pad press doesn't make a sound. You *must* play a different key from the originally played key. aka no playing the same note in quarter notes or whatever if the instrument mode is portamento.

I'm running JJOS-XL 3.37 on a 2500

edit: when I first power on the MPC and load the program, it seems to be okay. Then after playing a sequence with it, the program goes buggy.
By le rat Fri May 23, 2014 10:21 am
Hi,
I can help to report it and have a quick answer but could you provide a step by step detailed as much as possible please?
I don't use that feature and don't have much time to figure a lot of things by myself.
If you have an instrument program to share I could take a video too.
PEace.
By plus321 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 pm
Hi, I have noticed this bug too. I wasn't sure exactly why it was doing it first, but I realized it wasn't right.

Here is a program and sequence you can load to see it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb1xt8ud4avam1q/port_bug.zip

Track 1 plays the program fine with no portatmento because the notes don't overlap. Track 2 plays the first portamento note right, then doesn't play any other note thereafter because they are the same as the first note.

Like c0 to c1 works, but if you go back to c0 from there and play any # of sucessive c0s, you won't hear them.

Hope this gets fixed soon. I would really like to use portamento.
By angel Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:42 pm
plus321 wrote:Hi, I have noticed this bug too. I wasn't sure exactly why it was doing it first, but I realized it wasn't right.

Here is a program and sequence you can load to see it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb1xt8ud4avam1q/port_bug.zip

Track 1 plays the program fine with no portatmento because the notes don't overlap. Track 2 plays the first portamento note right, then doesn't play any other note thereafter because they are the same as the first note.

Like c0 to c1 works, but if you go back to c0 from there and play any # of sucessive c0s, you won't hear them.

Hope this gets fixed soon. I would really like to use portamento.

Does Anyone report it to jj?
By bliprock Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:05 am
you know portamento wont work between the same note cos there is no portamento between the same notes. No one else see that? :hmmm:
So I expect this behaviour as it is easily replaced with a longer note, ie held note as it is the exact same thing as sliding between the same note.
By bliprock Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 pm
yeah I tried it and not think it is a bug at all. Like I actually posted cos I tried it and was yeah and ?? makes sense it works like that. You might just need to practice playing notes faster after release. I use two fingers myself.
so the "bug" is that it wont pitch slide between the same note which is the same pitch meaning there is no pitch slide anyways, but it wont do that so its a bug.
No its not realy a bug at all and you can work with in the limitations by making longer notes and playing the note quickly after release.
By plus321 Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:41 am
Just to clarify, this isn't about sliding to the same note. It's about being able to play a note after it's been slid to and hear it make sound. That is very important or else this function is meaningless and should not be listed as a feature of the OS.

Load the example and you will see. Once you slide to a note, you can't play the same note again and even hear it. It works fine when you play it from the pads, but recorded into the sequencer, it does not work.
By bliprock Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 am
I double checked and can see the bug. I should have double checked before but there are ways around it as it is. But the only real way around it is another track.
I reported it