Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kountryboi84 Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:23 am
First let me say that this OS is AMAZING!!!! I honestly cant say enough about it! So I want to shout out Le Rat, Nym and others for making sure all of our voices are heard....

Bug List:
-Record view (view+) doesnt seem to magnify
-Song loop in pad edit doesnt seem to work unless the purpose is to only use F6 for small loops
-unable to edit track mute

Feature request:
-Smaller increments only when scrubbing start and end points in Program mode for fine tuning or shift shoud be used to decrease increments.

-Chop by region. So instead of slicing in trim mode you should be able to select a region of a sample and in program mode choose that region and chop it to a specific bank. Ie. R1,R2,R3 etc. and allow them to overlap.

Overall I never thought I would ever switch from OS2XL but in playing with it all day today I have changed my mind. Chopping samples takes a little getting used to because you really dont need Slice anymore but once I got the hang off it, I was off and running. Anyway thanks for putting in soo much work to make this successful. Peace.
By le rat Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:30 am
Hello kountryboi84,

I can help to report bugs but please write a step by step as much detailed as possible.
I'm not a OS3 user and don't use some of the mentioned functions. I'm rather busy and don't have time to use OS3 at the moment.

A detailed step by step is good for everyone. A bug can be easily transmitted, checked and fixed :)

PEAce
By sadzik Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 pm
BUG REPORT:
Today when I wanted to track a beat(Im on latest OS3) i found out that my out number 8 does not work properly. It gives very disorted sound, like I would set gain in my interface to maximum. Weird thing is:
-when set any pad to out number 8 - sound from all programs is being distorted on any out, but when current pad does not play sound is ok(check the link, turn down volume before you play)
-when pads are set to out 7 sound is ok
-when pads are set to outs 78 sound is being disorted on every out.

Checkd my mpc on JJ OS XL2 and everything's fine.

LINK:http://www.sendspace.com/file/ajmoos

And i've got request:
Customize of the MAIN key. I miss it a lot.
By le rat Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 am
Hello,

I reported the para out 8 issue. Here is a summary of the answer :
"unfixable bug. same issue for OS128XL. Can be sort if filter is set to OFF for out 7 and 8. It's because EQL and EQH was added. JJ had to face programming issue so he made that compromise."
By allank Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 am
That's a shame about the 8th output ... I've just checked my 128xl.. same problem.. guess I can survive on 7 outs... :(

Not sure what it means about the workaround.. I don't have any filters assigned on 7 or 8 .. and am getting that ..
By le rat Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 pm
I guess I didn't understand the answer right. You probably have to avoid to use filters on a track/ program in which you have something set to output 7/8.
I don't have my mpc2500 to check by myself so still speculation from me.
By allank Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:43 am
That works .. removed the filters from the Program I was using.. Believe it or not though.. I like the mpc's dirty digital filters, in some circumstamces.. So i'll probably still use these on some sounds.. The loss of one channel out of 10 isn't such a big deal.. now my trusty tx-81z can stay patched in to the desk..
By steelcitysi Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:41 pm
le rat wrote:Hello,

I reported the para out 8 issue. Here is a summary of the answer :
"unfixable bug. same issue for OS128XL. Can be sort if filter is set to OFF for out 7 and 8. It's because EQL and EQH was added. JJ had to face programming issue so he made that compromise."

Despite the limitation, IMHO the fact that the software allowed the outputs to break is still a bug. Rather than causing the output to seem broken, a simple and acceptable fix would be to prevent that setting. A message can popup telling the user that EQL/EQH must be off on out 7 and 8.

I noticed that this is not documented in the JJOS manual. I'm currently trying to decide whether to jump permanently to OS3/128XL. Where can I find a list of these types of design compromises that are not reflected in the manual or comparison chart?
By le rat Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:39 pm
Yeah or putting it in a help screen like this one in TRIM mode :

I don't think there is a list yet. I think someone should create a "JJOS3/128XL limitations" topic to gather this precious information :)
By kountryboi84 Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 am
Hey guys sorry for the delay. Here are a few things for the Os bug fix....

Holding pad while scrolling start and end point in Pgm mode is loud.

Please add full/song looping to TrEdit screen

Filter by bank option (feature)

"ALL" doesnt work in the 1-4 column

-cursor is awkward in Pgm mode from time to time.
-In record mode volume has to be extremely loud in order to see waveform with "view+". Not a very big deal.....
-More to come

Again this os is a Killer and Im glad I made the switch. Peace
By le rat Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:01 am
Hello kountryboi84,
Regarding this one : "olding pad while scrolling start and end point in Pgm mode is loud." Your FULL LEVEL button is off right?
Will check the ALL issue and start/end point volume issue and keep you updated. I know in OS2XL it works with aftertouch if full level is not lit.
By bliprock Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:29 am
kountryboi84 wrote:Whats up Le rat... no the full level is off. I know this was an issue a while back with Os2xL but I try not to ever use full level.

It is not a bug, it is not full level either. what happens is when you are in trim mode, the sample play back is sans (meaning no) program settings are enabled. Which makes total sense right? So in the trim window there is no program filters and level settings see? so its louder and for good reason. Too audition them with out program settings. Turn down monitors if too loud maybe?

kountryboi84 wrote:Please add full/song looping to TrEdit screen
Why? not hating just can not see the point of this at all. Please explain how it is useful thanks. To me its silly, but maybe there is more to this request?

kountryboi84 wrote:Filter by bank option (feature)
Again why? just seems silly, but again explain how its useful and I'm behind it all the way.

le rat wrote:"ALL" doesnt work in the 1-4 column
So what you want to simult or mute 64 samples at once? wtf is that about. Use mono setting in program maybe for same effect? again can't see the point of this request and seems useless to me but if you can convince me of its use then i will support it. To me its just your a new user and not really gotten to grips with it yet hence these requests that seem useless to me.

so again i aint hating just think they are silly requests with no indication of their use ect. So please show me how these requests are useful.
By le rat Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm
Hi Bliprock :)
I guess nobody is talking about the same thing, hence the misunderstanding.

bliprock wrote:kountryboi84 wrote:
Whats up Le rat... no the full level is off. I know this was an issue a while back with Os2xL but I try not to ever use full level.

It is not a bug, it is not full level either. what happens is when you are in trim mode, the sample play back is sans (meaning no) program settings are enabled. Which makes total sense right? So in the trim window there is no program filters and level settings see? so its louder and for good reason. Too audition them with out program settings. Turn down monitors if too loud maybe?

When I use OS2XL in TRIM MODE and when I scroll inside a long sample with the data wheel while pressing a pad, I put less pressure to this pad and the volume becomes lower. This is not possible on OS3, for me it's a bug. It makes this habit less comfortable.

kountryboi84 wrote:le rat wrote:
"ALL" doesnt work in the 1-4 column
So what you want to simult or mute 64 samples at once? wtf is that about. Use mono setting in program maybe for same effect? again can't see the point of this request and seems useless to me but if you can convince me of its use then i will support it. To me its just your a new user and not really gotten to grips with it yet hence these requests that seem useless to me.

For me this one is not a request, it's a bug report right? In OS2XL you can select 1, 2,3 or 4 with the ALL fkey but you can't with OS3.

By the way, I'm not an OS3 user and I don't give my opinion about features requests at the moment but I just think that something that was in OS2XL and is not here in OS3 may be considered as a bug, especially for those who want a consistent workflow.