Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kountryboi84 Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:33 am
bliprock wrote:you could argue that they might have over stretched themselves, or brought it out too early

Blip I can definetly respect your point of view and for me that statement nailed it. I think we all share a certain level of frustration but to be honest being a "Beta" tester is actually pretty fun. I just hope the Dev team doesnt give up on us and keeps the biscuit rolling!!! TBH if they added note repeat by pad for Os2XL or fixed midi note edit and added Overdub to TrEdit in Os3 and 128XL (because I want the XL screen) would be icing on the cake. Ive been contemplating getting a 4000 but I think Im gonna hold off and see what happens this Os before breaking the bank.

le rat wrote:Thanks for your kind words guys. Really appreciated

No prob homie!!! So are they forwarding anymore bugs or are we sitting still until further notice?
By DrNibbert Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:10 am
Hey everybody,
I'd like to suggest again two of my Feature-Requests, because I didn't really get any good feedback for them and feel like they are pretty usefull.

1) Changing the order of "save"-Options
In Save-mode, you can swich between the different options what you want to save (A Sample -> A Program -> All Programs and Samples -> Al Seqs and Songs -> Entire Memory 1 -> Entire Memory 2 -> System Setup)
In the older Versions of JJOS I was used to just roll the Jog-Wheel all the way to the right, because "Entire Memory" was the save-option I used the most.
But since the addition of "System Setup" I allways have to roll back 1 Entry, which is pretty uncomfortable.
So my request would be:
Is it possible to change the Order of the Save-Options like this:
A Sample -> A Program -> All Programs and Samples -> Al Seqs and Songs -> System Setup -> Entire Memory 2 -> Entire Memory 1

2) Press Shift to reveal the Delete-Button in Load screen
Since the addition of the Delete-Button (F5) to the LOAD-Screen, i feel a little uncomfortable using the LOAD-Screen, because i was used to it beeing the "screen where i could press whatever button i want" - and the SAVE-Screen beeing the "be careful - there is a delete button"-Screen.
Now I'm allways a little worried that I might press DELETE accidentally and - as a reflex to whenever the "Are you shure?"-Screen popps up - confirming it.
I can't remember if that ever happend - this is more of a "feeling comfortable"-thing, but after all, the MPC is a music-instrument, so the "feeling" is very important when using it.
On the other hand, i see that many people like the DELETE-Button where it is.
So my suggestion would be:
The "normal" Load-Screen will again look like this, without a Delete-Button:
(Pressing F5 is without effect)

But if you hold SHIFT it will reveal the Delete-Button:
(Pressing Shift+F5 works like "Delete")

(and of course SAVE-Screen stays the way it is, with the Delete-Button visible all the time)

All these Requests are for OS3, 2XL and 128XL.

Thanks for your feedback to my requests! :)
By le rat Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 pm
At least, letting save entire memory 2 at the end would be good enough I think.

I'm a save entire memory 1 user myself but I guess if 1 is placed after 2 there will be complaints from 2 users. Kind of vicious cycle.

Tell me what do you think before I transmit and get a feedback for these features requests.

As you may already know, they are reluctant to add something new to OS2XL so it would probably only be for 128XL or OS3 if possible.
By m:t:c Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:13 pm
Fired up my 1k after a while and yeah my biggest gripe with os3/128xl is the midi grid editing.... Can't do much with it in its current state which is a shame really.
By kountryboi84 Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 pm
m:t:c wrote:Fired up my 1k after a while and yeah my biggest gripe with os3/128xl is the midi grid editing.... Can't do much with it in its current state which is a shame really.

^^ Totally agree!!!

Edit: The Os is cool but the midi edit is a definite opportunity. Although still usable.
Last edited by kountryboi84 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By DrNibbert Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:44 am
le rat wrote:I'm a save entire memory 1 user myself but I guess if 1 is placed after 2 there will be complaints from 2 users. Kind of vicious cycle.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, both is fine. And i think using save entire memory 2 instead of 1 wouldnt make such a big difference, so i could just swich to using save entire memory 2.

Actually, it was a guy called "le rat" who suggested putting Save 1 after Save 2 in my original post :smoker:
le rat wrote:Personnaly, I'd prefer :
A Sample -> A Program -> All Programs and Samples -> Al Seqs and Songs -> System Setup -> Entire Memory 2 -> Entire Memory 1

What do you think about the idea of pressing Shift in Load-Screen to reveal the Delete-Button?
By le rat Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:40 am
Yeah I remember :)
Spirit of contradiction to see the if there are potential pros and cons.
The other day I read in the main section that using save entire memory 2 was almost the same. I'm used to saving with "save entire memory 1" by habit but could easily switch to "save entire memory 2" too I think.

Regarding DELETE in LOAD MODE I was one of those who wanted this feature and I use it a lot actually.

I think SHIFT + F5 is a good idea yeah. Personally if I wanted to get rid of this feature I'd like to have a "HIDE" option in other mode :

The problem is it seems that OS3 don't have all these options.
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128xl/other.htm

There's always a risk that when doing a request it won't be added to the OS128XL trial version aka OS3.

So using SHIFT could be the best solution.

Otherwise, ideas taken from the MPC4000 manual that could improve my worflow :
-the ability to copy a sequence without events
-the ability to make pad 13 (LOOP) and pad 16 (PLAY ALL) in TRIM mode play in ONE SHOT or at least changing specs and letting them playing in oneshot mode forever.

Simple but efficient :)
By le rat Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 am
I got a feedback for the requests.

The position of save entire memory could change provided it doesn't create any bugs.

They are reluctant to do something for the DELETE button in LOAD mode. The reason is that there will be potential claims from users that don't know that there is a new combination with the SHIFT button.

Could be worth asking for a "hide" option if you really can't stand that feature.
By DrNibbert Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:19 am
Could be worth asking for a "hide" option if you really can't stand that feature.

Thanks for asking! :)
At first I also though about a hide-Option in the Settings (in OTHER-Mode). I thought the Shift-Method would be easier, but you're right, that might be confusing! Having a possibility to disable the delete-button in Load-Mode would really be awesome for me... i dont really know why this bugs me so much but it really feels "different" to have that delete-button there.