Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kountryboi84 Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:24 pm
@Le Rat

Scrubbing "start and end" Points, "ALL" in Simult and View + in record mode are Bugs.

Loop in TrEdit mode and Filter by bank are all "workflow" feature requests.

Now to @BlipRock.....

Are you currently using Os3? The reason why I ask is because if you re-read the title of my post, I would assume that you would have more to offer than merely your "opinion" about what you deem "silly' but since thats all you could manage to contribute.....I will address it.

bliprock wrote:le rat wrote:"ALL" doesnt work in the 1-4 columnSo what you want to simult or mute 64 samples at once? wtf is that about. Use mono setting in program maybe for same effect? again can't see the point of this request and seems useless to me but if you can convince me of its use then i will support it. To me its just your a new user and not really gotten to grips with it yet hence these requests that seem useless to me.

le rat wrote:This is not possible on OS3, for me it's a bug. It makes this habit less comfortable.

Thanks Le Rat. I don't need my samples blasting in order to make edits. Also Ive been using Os2XL since completely restoring my Mpc more than a 2 years ago. So Im far from new to this Os.

bliprock wrote:kountryboi84 wrote:Please add full/song looping to TrEdit screenWhy? not hating just can not see the point of this at all. Please explain how it is useful thanks. To me its silly, but maybe there is more to this request?

Workflow Efficiency. On the Main screen you can loop and record but with only 1 track. Why not be able to the same thing from this screen where you can see about 6 tracks at a time. Os2xL does this effortlessly......

bliprock wrote:kountryboi84 wrote:Filter by bank option (feature)Again why? just seems silly, but again explain how its useful and I'm behind it all the way.

So imagine this...... You have a long sample with say an intro, vamp, vocal stab and drum loop. Instead of starting a handful of new programs why not be able to put everything on 1 Program. So on bank A filter the vocals, then bank B filter using different settings on drums and so on without having to "individually" edit every sample. With this new Os this would be an opportunity with the way you can now chop to program.

Hopefully this will clear up any misunderstandings. Our focus has to remain on contributions from all parties if we are going to push this OS in the right direction quickly. Offering mere opinions from non developers on what you deem is silly in the "development" stage is extremely counter intuitive but as long as you have opinions I have productive perspective. :popcorn:
By le rat Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:22 am
kountryboi84 wrote:Scrubbing "start and end" Points, "ALL" in Simult and View + in record mode are Bugs.

The scrubbing issue was confirmed and will probably be fixed in a next update. Regarding ALL in SIMULT, it was considered useless so it was never implemented.
By kountryboi84 Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:56 pm
Thanks Le Rat!

le rat wrote:
kountryboi84 wrote:Scrubbing "start and end" Points, "ALL" in Simult and View + in record mode are Bugs.

The scrubbing issue was confirmed and will probably be fixed in a next update. Regarding ALL in SIMULT, it was considered useless so it was never implemented.

This was one of those cool hidden features. I would load an 808 chromatically, load a kick on D16 then use "simult" to layer the kick under that 808 with the ability to change that kick on the fly. Do you think it would be possible to get it pushed through?
By le rat Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:35 pm
Maybe :wink:

In OS3, if you have a program full of simult/ mute/ target assignments, how can you erase everything? How can you bring what's in column 1,2,3 and 4 to the initial "---" state quickly?
By le rat Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:52 pm
I tried OS3 another time to do something I can't with OS2XL.

As there is no function like "chop with audiotracks" in OS2XL, I ve decided to try OS3 TRIM TEMPO again. Nice feature I must admit. The problem is 4 bars is not enough in my opinion. I divided the bpm by two, it did the trick but I think it would be better if it would be more customizable. Being able to set our own time signature would be the best.

Still regarding TRIM MODE, OS3 lacks a SHIFT shortcut that switches Fkeys functions.

But what makes me go back almost immediatly to OS2XL is how editing start and end points is disconcerting. OS2XL long time users please tell me how you get accustomed to OS3 trim mode.

For me showing both L and R channels is useless. The screen is too small. It makes vertical zoom and horizontal zoom time-wasting. It Would be better if I had the choice to select only L or R channel.

I've noticed a bug, when I zoom with BAR > the play marker disappear.

I really feel lost with this OS3 :cry:
By le rat Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 pm
Regarding the play marker I was told that it's a specification, not a bug. There are many issues with the play marker so until the source of troubles is identified it will stay like that.
By kountryboi84 Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:19 am
Whats up Le Rat! Man thank u for getting things pushed through. So after testing and making beats its still got a few kinks.

-Randomly wont load long sample of saved project. This has happened twice without memory being full and im working on reproducing it.
-Randomly crashes if changing menus while playing. This happened just now it completely locked up and I had to shut it down. Luckly I was just playing around so now I just save as I go. This happened a few days ago also (4x ttl) and Im working on reproducing it.
-No portemento. Hopefully this can be added.
-Copying pad does seem to work in program mode. I believe it just copies over the same pad because phasing happens.

Oh and I have to agree with you that coming from Os2xL that chopping samples was really awkward but now that Ive used it I actually like it better. I just had to spend time with it and it started to make sense.
By le rat Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 am
Hi kountryboi84 :)
Could you give more details about this one please?
-Copying pad does seem to work in program mode. I believe it just copies over the same pad because phasing happens.
By kountryboi84 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 am
Whats up Le Rat!!

le rat wrote:Could you give more details about this one please?

I mis-spoke. When you select copy for this screen it pastes over the originally played notes when another pad is selected to paste causing phasing but additional measures are added.

Cursor will randomly disappear or get stuck (picture 2) and cause you to have to toggle back and forth between the main and pgm screen in order to regain proper placement. Occasionally Shift+cursor helps.

If all measures are Deleted the Os will Lock up completely

Lastly I know that we have alot on the plate already but if possible add Overdub capability, full loop and track names to this screen. I feel that this would really take this Os above and beyond especially with the large screens.

This is a super cool feature that I take is supposed to be for song markers or at least thats what Im using it for. I set it up for intro, chorus, verse and so on to fly around the songs quickly. Anyway I love this feature.....now if I can just get my overdub in TrEdit Ill be happy. Fingers crossed. :wink:
By le rat Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 am

I mis-spoke. When you select copy for this screen it pastes over the originally played notes when another pad is selected to paste causing phasing but additional measures are added.

Will check everything later too and keep you updated.

One question regarding the above screen, what do you see if you have a look into STEP EDIT? I remember on older OS having that kind of issue and I had two copies of the same events at the same time position in STEP EDIT (which should theoretically be impossible).
By le rat Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am
You can forget my previous message :)

Bug 1 confirmed
kountryboi84 wrote:Whats up Le Rat!!

le rat wrote:Could you give more details about this one please?

Did you take the second print screen with the latest os version? I don't see the retrigger field on the LFOMUTE tab.
By le rat Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:38 pm
It's this feature :

Check if you have the same bugs in program mode with the latest version. I couldn't reproduce the cursor issue here. Other bugs are under investigation by the way :)