Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By le rat Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:01 am
Hi,
The TR edit bug was confirmed.
The grid edit bug is not considered as a bug. I was told that it's not possible to copy something from a pad to another. Not very logical imo but we have SIMULT so I guess it can do the job.
By kountryboi84 Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:17 am
Whats up homie!!!

le rat wrote:Hi,
The TR edit bug was confirmed.
The grid edit bug is not considered as a bug. I was told that it's not possible to copy something from a pad to another. Not very logical imo but we have SIMULT so I guess it can do the job.

Man I totally agree! It only makes sense to be able to copy and paste from pad to pad in Grid edit. Smh!

Well lets keep rollin..... Ive been working with my motif and found some issues.

In Pic 2 from Os2XL when overdub is pressed it pulls up the Edit Parameters to move and adjust notes in realtime. In Os3 Pic 1 this option is missing makes shifting notes complicated.

The Loop option in Os3 is great but...... the Loop option in Os2XL Pic 1 is far better in its simplicity. Other forum members have made mention that they liked the XL version better and playing around with it I have to agree it overcomplicates workflow.
By le rat Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:33 am
kountryboi84 wrote:Man I totally agree! It only makes sense to be able to copy and paste from pad to pad in Grid edit. Smh!

The "hidden" problem with the current workflow in the issue you faced is that it makes a copy of the same events in STEP EDIT, hence the phasing issue. Pretty disconcerting. I've reported this issue again. Hope it can be sorted for OS2XL and OS3 once and for all.

Personally I often copy bars or parts of bar in grid edit for the same pad event(s).

Regarding programs a feature I'd like to have is "switch pads", being able to switch 2 pads with all their settings could make my workflow faster. I do a bit of finger drumming so optimizing the pad layout is important for me.

Otherwise I agree with everything you said.
Editing note variation in OS3 isn't as good as in os2xl. Same for Drum track type.
I don't like the loop option either. We can't customize F1 as LOOP anymore. it makes my workflow slower as I often change bars numbers or time sig. when in search of inspiration.
By kountryboi84 Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 pm
Whats up Le Rat!! Hey man sorry that it took me soo long to get back but I hope all is well. I found something that I didnt notice that may help you......

le rat wrote:Regarding programs a feature I'd like to have is "switch pads", being able to switch 2 pads with all their settings could make my workflow faster. I do a bit of finger drumming so optimizing the pad layout is important for me.

If you go the the highlighted field where the cursor is and hold undo. This will allow you to copy your pad settings in their entirety to other pads.

Im still hoping that JJ will get a chance to add Record to TrEdit and still fix the midi edit parameters. Ill wait for the next update and hopefully a fix will be on the way. Let me know if that helps.......
By le rat Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:18 pm
No problem :)
I'm fine thx.

Thanks for the trick :-D
I often use the undo button but I didn't know that it was working on this column.
Much faster than WINDOW, F2 copy pad and DO IT. Useful for resetting a pad to the default values by copying a blank pad too. Very nice shortcut.

If you have something else to report to JJ don't hesitate.
Peace
By le rat Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:34 pm
I asked regarding the NV parameters in MIDI grid edit. I was told that JJ was busy with other things and won't probably add new features for a while. This OS128XL, OS3 thing is not very exciting :( Probably time for me to move on and get a 4K or something else.
By kountryboi84 Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:21 am
This is unacceptable! We all spent money on these Os's and for JJ to not even "add" the features of his previous Os's is completely outrageous from a customer service stand point. Ultimately we just want him to do what he was payed for because a lot of us spent small fortunes to upgrade so he should at least finish what he started before putting the brakes on. Dont get me wrong we all greatly appreciate what he has done because he kept our drum machines alive and on par with other Mpc's but he should finish the job first. None of us dont get to not completely do our jobs and get payed, in this case he was already payed so.........This is crazy! Le rat I see where ur coming from but we honestly are really close to having Os3 and Os128xL completely ironed out. Did he say how long his hiatus would be?
By le rat Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:26 am
Well the development will be slower. I have no details of what they are planning to do.

I can understand him, he's probably bored of the same routine and seek other challenges. From a user point of view, it reminds me those great champions who retire too late, not when they're at the top. At the moment, I'm still thinking OS128XL or OS3 are useless. I hope I'll change my mind in the future though :)
By bliprock Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:57 am
kountryboi84 wrote:This is unacceptable! We all spent money on these Os's and for JJ to not even "add" the features of his previous Os's is completely outrageous from a customer service stand point. Ultimately we just want him to do what he was payed for because a lot of us spent small fortunes to upgrade so he should at least finish what he started before putting the brakes on. Dont get me wrong we all greatly appreciate what he has done because he kept our drum machines alive and on par with other Mpc's but he should finish the job first. None of us don't get to not completely do our jobs and get payed, in this case he was already payed so.........This is crazy! Le rat I see where ur coming from but we honestly are really close to having Os3 and Os128xL completely ironed out. Did he say how long his hiatus would be?

chill out there. Maybe try and consider that there has been years of dev, support and also that OS 3 is a total rewrite from what I have heard. So I think that your being a bit OTT here, even though you may feel hard done by, you should try and get some perspective.
Is it really stopping you making a beat?
Some things I wanted didn't happen for a very long time but was worth the wait, and in the mean time I can still make beats.
I agree with you about the grid mode, but bitchin don't do so much, cept aggravate and feed ill will. Just make good ideas known and support should be coming, but there might be a hiatus right now.
And to say OS128XL or OS3 are useless is just showing you as a bitchy and immature. Why? cos instead of throwing yourself into it and trying to over come the limitations like all artists do, you spend energy and time bitching here.
I think your going too far and should step back and reappraise your attitude and chill
By le rat Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:08 am
bliprock wrote:And to say OS128XL or OS3 are useless is just showing you as a bitchy and immature. Why? cos instead of throwing yourself into it and trying to over come the limitations like all artists do, you spend energy and time bitching here.
I think your going too far and should step back and reappraise your attitude and chill

Well it is just my opinion at the moment 8)

I've spent more time helping, reporting other members' bug reports and features requests than criticizing.

Will continue to do it because I want a better OS3 too finally. Immature? Yes, kind of love&hate relationship :smoker:
By bliprock Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am
le rat wrote:
bliprock wrote:And to say OS128XL or OS3 are useless is just showing you as a bitchy and immature. Why? cos instead of throwing yourself into it and trying to over come the limitations like all artists do, you spend energy and time bitching here.

Well it is just my opinion at the moment 8)

I've spent more time helping, reporting other members' bug reports and features requests than criticizing.

Will continue to do it because I want a better OS3 too finally. Immature? Yes, kind of love&hate relationship :smoker:

well yeah it is a new version so i expect there to be bugs, and it wasnt really aiming at you. You are doing a great job, but I think some perspective is good.
Has anyone had probs deleting mutes. I am gonna put that one in, but then realised that i might have to change tracks after certain functions. so still sorting that one out.
By kountryboi84 Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:44 am
Whats good fellas sorry for the delay...........

bliprock wrote:chill out there. Maybe try and consider that there has been years of dev, support and also that OS 3 is a total rewrite from what I have heard. So I think that your being a bit OTT here, even though you may feel hard done by, you should try and get some perspective. Is it really stopping you making a beat?Some things I wanted didn't happen for a very long time but was worth the wait, and in the mean time I can still make beats. I agree with you about the grid mode, but bitchin don't do so much, cept aggravate and feed ill will. Just make good ideas known and support should be coming, but there might be a hiatus right now. And to say OS128XL or OS3 are useless is just showing you as a bitchy and immature. Why? cos instead of throwing yourself into it and trying to over come the limitations like all artists do, you spend energy and time bitching here. I think your going too far and should step back and reappraise your attitude and chill

I can respect "YOUR" opinion and "YOUR" perspective about what "YOU" feel is adequate customer service but I politely disagree. Like I said before JJ has done us a great service by standing in our corner and making sure that all the 1000 and 2500 users were afforded the same MPC experience as other MPC users if not better. Where the problem comes in is when money changes hands and sub forums are created for "features and Bugs" then to tell everyone that paid "extra" money for the a custom OS and a Large Screen that you arent gonna fix anything else indefinately. Thats like placing an order at a fast food spot and your server says "Ill bring your food after I come off my break" but youve already paid your money. Im pretty sure you would be very upset :-D Now please dont get me wrong this is not an attempt to cause a RIOT but merely say lets iron out the kinks then take a break because we all paid for a service. So again no dispect to how you spend your money but I dont like giving money away...... Now in no way will this keep anyone from making great music because the Os's are fully functional but at this point its about principle which I dont think is too much to ask. LeRat also let me thank you bruh for being the brand and being indifferent about forwarding all of our concerns. I know that its hard work being caught in the middle and I want to let you know from all of us we really appreciate you homie!!! Im gonna hang in there even that 4000 has peaked my curiosity a lil bit......
By bliprock Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 am
yea le rat rules and works hard for all of us and that is something I am thankful for.
I don't think it is fair to hold JJ dev team to the same standard of a multinational multimillion dollar corporations. It is not like that and think that you have to be patient and thankful anything is done in a way to my way of thinking. It is a part of 3rd party dev, and it has inherent risks and drawbacks, and one is not being able to get what you want every time. And I am not even talking about JJ here, it is part of the deal. I think threads are important as it it shows us and dev team data. not everyone has the same needs and it is a balancing act. you could argue that they might have over stretched themselves, or brought it out too early but with any new product with out a million dolar backer to do bug fixes and so that makes us the beta testers.
We get to be on the cutting edge, and the project is new and yes you got it without thinking you are a better tester, when you are really, as that is how it is. I don't make it that way and I am sure the dev team would love a huge lab from a corporation to just go nuts but they don't, and so there is human restraints unlike a large corp.
So I kinda think yeah what :WTF: its not happening enough? well yeah there is a reason for that, and you had to know that before you modded your MPC. Not saying you shouldn't have, as you help push it along with your support and money and that is great, but does not give you any more 'rights' so to speak if you now what i mean. I feel you though, and have really felt simple changes took for ever but it gets done.
Democratising the process slows it to, so every request just adds up to and they have to somehow have to decide what is done and if it can be done ect ect.
I think you are a being a little misguided to compare say a corporation to a 3rd part after market mod is what I am saying. Prioritize your bugs, get em in and sit back as they work on it. Your doing good, doing that, but saying its not enough is to me a bit rich cos of what i say above. I say all that cos I think it is might help you get some perspective and then maybe get you to see that it is not like as bad as you say. It aint perfect but again, look at what I am saying, it is how it is, and damn we are lucky to have that I think. peace