Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Stangrossman Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 pm
Running XL on a 2500

Like a lot of people I use track mute extensively, stringing sequences together in song mode. Unfortunately song mode is very limited in that you can't select an active track, go to main screen, input q-link etc. So I like to bounce my songs down to sequences.

My problem is that wherever there is a track mute event midway through a sequence, song mode will convert the track as muted for the *entire* sequence (i.e. the bars in the converted sequence that correspond to a sequence on the song list will be blank), ignoring the position of the mute event. This is using the "mute track ignored" option.

So what I'd like to see is a way for song conversion to recognize track mutes at the point they were recorded instead of applying it to all the bars in its sequence. OR more flexibility in song mode to add effects and edit tracks. Not sure how feasible this is, also let me know if there's a good workaround I'm missing. Thx
By Stangrossman Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:36 am
So after fooling with this for a while I discovered the "REFERENCED TO 1ST SQ" option seems to do exactly what I request above. Odd since that seems counter to how it's described in the manual: "The setting data of each track in the 1st Sequence of the Song will be used for all tracks in the following sequences."

I guess "setting data" doesn't refer to track mutes, q-link data etc because it's all there upon conversion. So what data does this refer to??
By Bugfix Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:31 am
Stangrossman wrote:So after fooling with this for a while I discovered the "REFERENCED TO 1ST SQ" option seems to do exactly what I request above. Odd since that seems counter to how it's described in the manual: "The setting data of each track in the 1st Sequence of the Song will be used for all tracks in the following sequences."

It's like you described on OSXL. On earlier OS's was erasing mutes.

I guess "setting data" doesn't refer to track mutes, q-link data etc because it's all there upon conversion. So what data does this refer to??

Mainly to track-program relation, so it will set up a program from 1st seq even if there is other program on the same track in other seq.. BUT you can also get away with this if setting up and using PC changes on internal programs.