Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 am
isn't that just patched phrase though? Here is a work around to do the same.
you can do it if you chop any sample and use the sequencer to lay out a chopped sample.
bear with me I have not finished. Make this track of the sampled chop sample laid out. So if its 8 chops over a bar, you would have a track with pad one to eight sequentially over that bar. Now make that bar a pattern. Assign to a pad. Now your sample will stretch in real time. you can pitch it to tempo permitting. just like patched phrase
By Samp Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:56 pm
Hi Bliprock, and thanks for the answer.

I follow you until "make that bar a pattern" (before : i chop my sample and lay it out, no matter the length of the loop or the number of bars isn'nt it?) because i'm not familiar to patterns. I turned pattern to on (main screen) , and now i have pattern01 on a track composed of 2 bars with 16 chops ... I assign the pattern to a pad in another program, and... It's a mess !!
I 'll look everywhere to fully understand how tomake patterns . Or could you please explain me how to proceed step by step ? Thanks a lot !
Excuse my language mistakes, i'm french :-D
By bliprock Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm
your english is better than my french, don't worry
can you describe how it sounds wrong to you please?
Why does it sound a mess?

Did you chop by transients? this is something I forgot to mention. Patch phrase, which is not available here, chopped by transients and would make it a bit harder now I think about it. :( as you need to make sure your pattern you make is able to stitch back together the chops. See normal chop is into equal parts, this can sound jilted, depending on tempo. If you chop by transients then its more natural. I kinda do both, but mainly normal chop. Chop by transients is harder to sequence but worth it. make sure you have quantise off
By Samp Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:48 am
Hi Bliprock!
I chop both ways, what i don't understand is the function "pattern" ... What does it ? When i say "a mess" it means that i don't understand ANYTHING to this function :Sigh:
I'm going to keep searching !