Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By u.n.i.t.e.d Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am
is it possible to implement a Morphfunction to the Pads and Q-Links to morph between 2 patterns wich uses midi cc?
for example: i want to control a external effectsunit via midi cc and want morph between 2 saved patterns wich cares the settings. it would be great if we could choose for the Q-Links and Pads 2 different patterns and by pressing the choosen pad, or moving the Q-Link, wich use the morphmode, we could crossfade between these. that would be a massive feature :worthy:
By bliprock Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:54 am
the Qlink sends out CCs already?? :hmmm:
why don't you use two patterns at once and just use patterns that way?
Maybe an example, I am thinking you would be changing FX settings on a synth? So why two settings morphing? won't that mean your midi CC is different after every pattern send and won't another pattern just change it again. I do 4 bar sweep patterns and know that you can't send a down sweep at same time as it is opposite midi CC data and so is kinda redundant so wonder what you mean?
By u.n.i.t.e.d Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:29 pm
if i want to change, say 10 different midi cc´s settings on a effectsunit or whatever, i can do this with patterns where each pattern hold either the fixed cc numbers, so it sounds like it should be at the end, like a preset, or i can record a cc movement and fire it up with the pattern, but it´s not possible to morph live between 2 different patterns (or just circuitous) what i want is like on the buchla 296e module for example, just morphing :!: :nod:
By bliprock Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:07 am
You have to make em. You can do 200 bars so make the CCs change over time say a bar. So yeah you can make tracks that have changing midi CCs and make these patterns, which you can assign to a pad. Just means you have to make more and make opposite ones to go back but you can copy and paste data and use qlink to write the data.

I guess your patterns are only a bar long and just one entry for each of your midi CCs, and there is your problem as you can make bars of recorded midi data over time not just this CC is this if you know what I mean. Like say a 8 bar riser of filter env of a synth as well as midi CC for volume over those 8 bars.

I do this but usually for only a few CCs at once, and just make up a mix of ones that are just like level settings of vol and amp that are more on/off type of deal but other ones that are 2 or 4 bars long that are like morphing. You just have to make the morph, if yo cut and paste in the grid edit data window and use Qlink to enter midi CC it's pretty easy to do.

So set up say your two morphy patterns say for arguments sake FX up and down. One is down to up and the other is opposite with up to down. this is lots of midi CC data for different CCs and goes over 4 bars.
Now make your two pads send these two patterns of down>up up>down and now play them to morph and RECORD this and make this a new pattern. That is something to consider, as it records as well and you can just make that a 3rd one for a cycle. so now you have 3 one down>up, up>down, and cycle.

Yeah so you have to make the morph but it is easy to do, and wont give you that jumping of values, unless you want that, that is.