Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By pixie42 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:50 pm
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already.
It seems I can't find the way to edit individual notes in midi grid edit. (mode + pad 15)
Whenever I press "overdub" nothing happens, I can't select/edit a note.
I am quite disappointed since OS3 is so promising.
The track edit function is a killer. But what's the point of adding such a graphic feature if there is no note editing function other than step edit mode ?
Am I missing something ?
For now I have to revert to OS2XL. :(
I am looking forward for the next OS3 releases, desperately hoping for an edit function in Grid edit mode.
By le rat Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:24 pm
Hi pixie42 :wink:
You're not missing anything.
It has been discussed inside the topic called "[Bug Report+Feature Request] OS3 Dec-4 Update" recently.
OS3 development is slow but I think this feature will be added in the future.
Just wait and see.
PEace
By Praxisaxis Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 am
Just got JJOS 3, found this issue. Really annoying!! In particular, I want to be able to change velocity if I hit a pad too hard when recording. In JJOS 1, this was really easily done by hitting "edit." Looks like I now have to go into step edit, what a pain. I wonder if this is being addressed?
By ZouRe Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 pm
Hiiiii, About the grid edit mode, is it upload on latest version of jjos3 ?
Because i want this mode edit :D
I´m hesitating between jjos 2 or 3 just for this grid edit midi mode.
Excuse my french ^^
By Olby Wed May 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Nothing has changed, for now. This is a major oversight. Midi grid has no editing whatsoever and drum grid has the step edit screen which is very cumbersome and lacks note duration parameter edit. So if you are on OS3 you have to use the event edit screen and scroll through the list to find that one particular note you want to work on. C'mon jj this was in OSXL and needs to be in OS3 as well. Love all the new features but for now the grid edit screen are kind of half-assed.
By Jamie Wed May 19, 2021 7:21 pm
Looks like the OS2XL edit options won’t be coming to OS3.

There’s a comment asking about them on this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarJtmbCka0 and this is the reply from the JJ SOFT:

“Since OS3 basic part is different from the OS2XL, is difficult to add your needs.
If it is added, a problem will arise in the newly added function.
Please use OS2XL, although I feel sorry.”