Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By JeriKo Jackson Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm
I used to run os2xl on my 1k until earlier this year when i upgraded to a 2500

Have had this issue since I first installed OS-XL. I thought updates might correct this but they have not.

Mode + pad 11 or Mode + pad 4

after entering either of those modes and then pressing main Flash Rom Error is displayed.

after that pressing mode + pad 3 results in "Flash Rom Write Error" and the machine freezes.

This is not cool. not being able to use the loop recorder and then saving is serious headache!

I have seen this reported here before but there has been no further discussion. Anyone had this happen or know possible causes?

I have tried different flash cards so Im ruling that out. I am about to uninstall my HD and see if that is causing some issue though I doubt it.

Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
By 313 studio tricks Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 pm
flash rom refers to internal memory, not memory card. try re-flashing the os first and then someone else will chime in from there with more info/other theories
By JeriKo Jackson Sat May 24, 2014 12:07 am
:WTF: thanks for clearing that up... i feel like a noob now. So by re flashing the OS do you mean re installing the OS? I tried that before I posted. Maybe I should try installing the Akai OS first?
By 313 studio tricks Sat May 24, 2014 12:35 am
ok i believe there is also some flash memory dedicated to autoload files. not sure since i never use it. maybe try to ask in the normal jjos forum.