Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By le rat Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:07 am
-----------------------------------------------------
Bug fixes: 128XL Ver1.45 01-JUN-2014
-----------------------------------------------------
1. [PATTERN TRACK]

The recorded event is recorded without a transpose when a transpose is ON.

2. [TRIM]

PgmMode is not turned off when F6 (PgmMode) changes from the state of ON to the program of INST.

3. [STEP EDIT]

Ticks value cannot be set.

--------------------------------------------------
Bug fix: OS3 Ver1.20 01-JUN-2014
--------------------------------------------------
1. [PATTERN TRACK]

The recorded event is recorded without a transpose when a transpose is ON.

2. [STEP EDIT]

Ticks value cannot be set.
By SILIS101 Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:21 pm
Thanks for the update!
By bliprock Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 am
:hmmm: ok whats borring?
what is stopping you rocking the mpc? You can even use both. just save in another folder and you can extract out the changes you made in Xl if you want. I am waiting to and even if it takes years its worth the wait and there is no guarantee it will have the features you seem to miss. I guess you mean the grid edit or what?
By zyguli Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:21 pm
Jjos3 is better in 70% of things but worse in 30% comparing to 2xl.

One of the things that made jjos attractive was it's active development which at the moment seems to be the thing of the past. I feel that when jj is making a step forward, he's also making a step sideways, or even back, which I find frustrating and disappointing.

Things I miss from jjos 2xl:
-in 2xl one could jam with samples on the load page, in os3 samples are being played through
-in 2xl one could hold a pad and scroll through the sample list on the load page and samples would have been auditioned, in os3 it is necessary to hit a pad for every sample to have it auditioned.
-I also miss parameter editing with q-link on the program page; sample start, end and loop point editing with the q-link on the trim page; the play cursor on the trim page, and switching between pad14 and pad15 grid views with the "main" button.

And last but not least. X0X style step sequencing (it's in 128xl).

edit: oh, and the editing of midi notes parameters on midi track grid.
By le rat Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:53 pm
One of the things that made jjos attractive was it's active development which at the moment seems to be the thing of the past.

Yeah that's why it's less exciting than before. But that's life unfortunately, everything has to come to an end.

But for me they are not good at communicating. I have the money to buy a big screen and 128xl now but I won't. If they'd say that from now there will be one or two big updates per year (even it's false) I would probably buy them. Currently no new additions are planned.

At the end of the day, it's just a matter of getting bored by doing the same thing and making less and less money for JJ.