Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 am
Instrument program is great but it would be even better with say two or three velocity layers and samples. Say highlight the number volume on the left and open a window to set 2 or 3 samples velocity range.
What ya reckon?
By bliprock Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:11 am
I should have searched but I think some one by now would have requested it. Well I put in request and see what they say.

The thing is that the velocity layers would add up if you used lots of samples.
or maybe change the key range so that that they can overlap instead to voice two samples at once but you would not get the velocity layers but you would get two samples playing at once.

So I guess the 2nd version is what is easier to get, say just turn on overlap in the key range so two samples can share the key range and play at once.

The velocity layer option seems a much bigger thing but at same time its like normal so the code is kinda there already in the old OS to get velocity layers, except in this case it is in the instrument program.

Its just bloody asking for it and been annoying me for a year or so I think. Fingers crossed.
By bliprock Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:32 am
they said this is not doable at all.
I might request note overlap in key range maybe and see if that is doable. It wont mean velocity layers but it will mean two samples at once if they share the same note range.
By JMagee Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:23 am
+1

I've been making samples from a Roland R8M and having velocity layers trigger multiple samples would be great. This would really make my day. Also, could there be 4 sample layers in OS2XL even in drum programs?
By JMagee Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 pm
So I just made a mega simul program the other day - 808 drum kit with most hits made of 15 layered samples all taken from my Roland R8M. So I'm stupid hype.

But you still can't layer an instrument program by velocity so let's do that.
By JMagee Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Would be nice in theory, I'd love to make up more complex, multi-velocity instrument multisample programs, although that 128mb system memory limit is ultimately going to limit the practical usage.

You're right but it really does depend on how you're using the machine. I have mine hooked up to my DAW and I will record tracks out of the MPC that are sequenced in the DAW. I can then save my work to the MPC and take it out live in two shakes of a lamb's tail and I put the longer samples on my SP404. So if I could load up a program, record a part right quick, and then get out another program then life would be right.

Live you're right, it's kind of pointless cause I'm going to run out of sample memory rather quickly. But if my stems are on the 404 and the drums on the MPC then I can get through a half hour before I ever load up another chunk of stuff. And then the SP-404 is there to cover my ass during load times.

Tools man, all about how you use them.
By JMagee Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:31 pm
It totally is. The sound of my Roland R8M sampled on the MPC is just awesome. My 808 kit side by side to Ableton's 808 was just fatter, crunchier, and just more better but a total pain.
By Loch Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:42 pm
Hi all,

Brand new to JJOS. Did this ever get implimented.

I want to be able too sample my synth with the filter closed, then open then two variations in the middle.

I want too trigger this via velocity. IE the softer I play the sampe with the low set filter cut off plays and it I hit it hard the open sample plays.
By bliprock Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:06 am
Loch wrote:Hi all,

Brand new to JJOS. Did this ever get implimented.

I want to be able too sample my synth with the filter closed, then open then two variations in the middle.

I want too trigger this via velocity. IE the softer I play the sampe with the low set filter cut off plays and it I hit it hard the open sample plays.

nah its a no go, would be cool but you can do what you want with velocity to filter in the MPC so you can mimic that, but its not the same filter of course as your synth