Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kountryboi84 Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:45 am
Whats up guys I have a very interesting issue. Ive been a long time OS2XL user and never had any issues. Recently I made the switch to OS3 and ran into a unique problem. The Os tends to crash when I jump into Pgm mode while the sequencer is running and I hit a lower note on my midi controller. To further test out the problem I rechecked/reseated all my connects and cleaned with dioxit gold, ran the Os and got the same issue. I removed the Ram and ran the unit and got the exact same error. Then I switched back to Os2 ran the same process and no error. Like I said I have not had any issues with any os until switching to Os3, so Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue and see if we can pin point where the problem is.

Edit (while writing this post): Tested Os3 twice crashed both times
Tested Os2xl twice no crashing
By TYPO Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12 am
This is odd and I am not doubting your experience with this problem.I switched from
OS2XL to 0S3 immediately after JJ made it available.I have never experienced a crash. What process
did you use to switch the OS?Are you holding down erase?
By kountryboi84 Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:58 am
TYPO wrote:This is odd and I am not doubting your experience with this problem.I switched from
OS2XL to 0S3 immediately after JJ made it available.I have never experienced a crash. What process
did you use to switch the OS?Are you holding down erase?

Whats up Typo no offense taken because I really wanna find a solution. This situation has happened almost immediately after switching and I thought maybe I was doing too much at one time like switching between Pgm menus while pressing my controller keys so I let it ride for a minute but recently since I lost a few really dope projects I realized there maybe more to this then just a periodic glitch. Just to make sure I covered all my bases I did "hold erase" during power on after switching to the Os. It happens while the sequencer is running with midi data recorded while in Program mode randomly hitting lower midi controller keys while changing menus. At first I couldnt tell what it was but almost everytime I do what I stated above I get the same result. Os3 is amazing and I learned to live with it by saving as I make changes but Id like to find an answer asap. I will admit I fly around alot with my Mpc making quick edits and Os2xl never skipped a beat so I know...... Os3 can handle whatever I throw at it.