Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By bliprock Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 am
There is little chance of that happening. What you have there is the limitation of the MPC. 99.999999% sure it cant be done sorry. And has been asked before, but I have not searched for you.
Maybe another 500 user can chime in here, but I do not remember that function when I had one, but that was years ago though.
By ThobRom Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:30 am
You can stream preview 4-5 seconds of a sound from the card while a loop is playing on the 5, but you have to stop to actually load them into memory.

Interestingly on the previous to last OS update on the 5 I seem to recall that you could stream preview a whole sample regardless of length.

But I dont know if the preview while playing a loop trick worked on that one.
By le rat Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:58 am
This has been requested since day one. The ability to preview/ load samples when the sequencer is running. I agree that it won't happen.

I don't know much about the MPC500 but I heard that this ability was a kind of bug. What's the truth?
By Ill-Green Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:50 pm
Thanks Blip for the heads up.

You can audition samples while the sequence is playing but to change samples of the program on-the-fly is impossible. But at least you can get a feel if the sample fits your sequence by ear though. The sequence will shut off if you try.

But then again when it comes to the 500, there are things that it can do that other 500s can't.