Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By plus321 Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:34 pm
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I was playing a show the other night with OS2XL and I noticed that when I recorded any kind of control change into a sequence like a pitch bend or Q-link movement, when I punch into overdub and click erase '1 bar' for each bar, it only clears the notes and not the pitch bends and control changes.

It would be nice if it erased everything in the bar or at least whatever is selected in your erase dialog.

Stopping the sequencer is not an option when I play shows of this type because I am receiving ext clock from another person's drum machine and I can't keep asking for a start and restart every other riff.

Another thing that isn't really important, but I'm interested is if there is some way to map aftertouch to the q-link slider as Midi CC. Not currently an option.
By bliprock Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:24 am
hmm after touch on a qlink. channel after touch or the other after touch? why not assign the midi cc to qlink and use a midi cc to the synth for that?
Im trying to remember if using record instead of overdub makes a difference but probably not. interesting post dude.
I would just piggy back the changes on a blank track set to same synth channel. That way you can add as much Qlink and cc and then just mute it. That might be a good work around if you have the banks of tracks so say bank D is copy of your usual bank A set up and you can switch in the mute screen quickly and mute instead of erase.
By plus321 Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 pm
Yeah, that's basically what I ended up doing. I had set up a whole bank of tracks and just kind of muted and left any that had pitchbend or q-link recorded.

I guess I don't really need the aftertouch thing after all. I just use it because my TX81Z lets me map it to breath controller to change the sounds with it, but I found out I can just send the midi cc for breath controller and it works just fine.
By bliprock Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:11 am
well +1 to bug fix and confirming that over dub and record are different. Over dub will just add more on top, record will wipe it all on that pass and replace it with what ever you do including nothing and that will act like erase it seems.
By plus321 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:37 pm
Once the sequencer is running, you can't switch back into record to do what you're saying.

When I press record+play to punch in, it switches immediately to overdub mode. If you erase the bars, it still leaves the pitchbends.

I mean, record will erase everything, but only when you stop the sequencer.
By bliprock Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 am
yeah mute tracks seems the best work around. I can not think of a way to really toggle of the pitch bend besides filtering the midi.

Do you use pattern to pad at all? That might be a good idea instead for some of the basic changes you are doing. As you can loop them or do one shot of just the MIDI CC or pitch bend and mod data.
By Bugfix Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:36 am
Well, I don't have MPC with me at the moment, but yeah I recall PitchBends, CC, PC events are one pass record. It's shame you can't erase them on the fly, you can't also overwrite them. Only way is to EREASE offline or UNDO also offline.
mute tracks seems the best work around

yup, but if you fast press [stop, undo, playstart] up to the 1st beat, won't it catch up to the ext clock?