Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Fruitnveg Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 pm
Wouldn't it be cool if JJ had a few different versions of each OS so we could chop and choose what we need. For example I will never use pattern an I will never use the loop recorder, maybe if both of these were dropped it would reserve enough power so I'd be able to NDC while my SEQ plays in the background without glitching? As it stands I have to loop a similar break on the laptop to the beat in my sequence and work out my chops over that.
I know not everyone would work like that but thats why I think it would be cool to have options as to what we do and don't get.
Btw I don't even know if this is a good idea in theory because I know absolutely nothing about computers and programming…what i just said might be laughable :)

One thing that REALLY could do with fixing in 128xl is that you can't press play start and a pad together, the play start cuts the pad off.
I'll try and explain, so in 2kxl I would have my drums down exactly how I'd want them, so now it's time to work on sequencing the chops but before recording I would obviously rehearse how the chops would fit over the beat, I'd hit play start with my right hand and the first chop with my left…if I messed up I'd do stop stop stop and then play start and the first chop again but in 128xl it's not possible, you have to hit the <<bar key a few times until you get to the start of the seq and then press play (not play start) and the 1st chop. It sounds like I'm being pedantic but it's crazy how annoying it can be after a couple of hours.

Thanks for listening :-D
By le rat Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am
Sounds annoying for sure.
Have you reported it?
By Fruitnveg Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 am
Hi le rat... I'm pretty sure I did but I can't find it anywhere.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am
Fruitnveg wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if JJ had a few different versions of each OS so we could chop and choose what we need.

Like all the various versions of JJOS with all the different naming/numbering systems across 1000/2500 isn't already confusing enough for most people :lol:

Perhaps just one OS with some kind of configuration tool at boot up would be better, so hold down NOTE REPEAT during power up and a screen pops up where you can add or remove features - save this and the MPC boots up with your custom OS config. Not sure if that would help save OS space in any way, if not, perhaps all the optional features could be stored in an area on your disk.
By le rat Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 am
Or give him thousands of dollars, I'm sure you can negotiate to have a custom OS :)