Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Fruitnveg Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 am
That would be a nice addition!

Yeah,..... Something like shift+undo erases all the last recorded data without having to stop. Although that might not be so good because if the sequencer hasn't been stopped undo would erase everything from the start of the session. I hope something like this can be done though, I'm constantly tripple tapping that stop button. ( :
By Bugfix Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 am
yep, currently there is no way, to erase anything else then notes on the fly (BTW with this option one needs to wait till next loop, and than record with 2nd loop).

As soon as I record CCs and I see they are wrong, all I can do is press STOP than undo, or STOP.. and manually erase CCs.

Ill write JJ a question later, and I wish he would make it for os2xl..
By bliprock Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:05 pm
just hit the overdub button to stop recording with out stopping the playing of a sequence!
this wont remove data, but will allow you to get half way, then mute it or overdub it next time around. Why not just do it again a 2nd time till you get it right?
By Bugfix Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:43 pm
bliprock wrote:just hit the overdub button to stop recording with out stopping the playing of a sequence!

LOL very funny, I have read the manual... it's called "punch out"

this wont remove data

^^brilliant!!! :popcorn: (my REQ is just about THAT)
but will allow you to get half way

I'm already there
then mute it or overdub it next time around

1. I'm recording in multi mode, events are going to dedicated tracks only.
2.you can't overdub CCs, well you can... but it's just creating rubbish..
Why not just do it again a 2nd time till you get it right?

That's what I'm doing. I'm not asking for workaround, because I know it does not exists.
All I'm saying it would be handy to be able to erase CCs or other params, without stopping.
By bliprock Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:23 am
yeah I doubt they can do it, as it wwil be part of the spec and not really a bug. I think it will be the same as not being able to change sequence after record. Good luck
By bliprock Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:36 am
well there is only one way to do it live then and that is with patterns. You just have to make like a dozen usual gestures you usually do live. Say 4 bar filter sweep, pitch bend wheel down over a half a bar, things like that.

The good thing is the they are one shot or loop, but set by bar length. So you can make a 2 bar filter sweep but make the pattern 8 bars. So when this loops you just get the CC info when you want. one shot or loop is in there and also you can make 200 bars worth which covers most things you do. Just make a program and make it a live trigger of CCs from pattern program and use that over your set. Works pretty good of course as it lets you stop the CC info with out stopping the sequence. its not the same but its pretty good.
By bliprock Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:29 am
yeah I know what you mean, just little tweeks really makes stuff come alive.
The good thing about the patterns is that they are just what ever you put in. So you should be able to just play your set live as you normally do but those tweeks should go on a blank track , then make those tweeks the patterns to use later in the same way. So anything in anyway, I do that and some PAD to CC for things like amp release.

pitch bend and filter changes work really well imo. Specially for things like EDM. As it is just the CC data in the pattern and nothing else, i make slides up and down or filter wobbles that go for 2 or 4 bars and if the bassline gets boring you can just hit a pad and add those things over the top of that target track of the midi bassline and does its thing.
Just wanna make it clear when I am suggesting pattern to pad I am saying to make ones that have nothing in them except a little midi CC tweek that you want, not all the notes. And these patterns piggy back on top of your midi tracks. you can for instance make a 16 bar pattern but all it has is a attack CC change at the last bar for a few beats. Set things like his to loop and you can stack a fair few tweeks and then turn em off to.
By elmacaco Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:38 am
Just mute the track and go to the next track. no stopping.
How hard is that?

You can go back to tgmhe first track to erase it and use in the next pass. Or just keep going up tracks, you have enough. You could even set up a group of a few tracks reserved for ccs per instrument.
By Bugfix Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 am
no, you see, while this is all good what you are saying while recording per 1 track, it's does not go hand in hand with multi input, as it's track per channel. Like i wanna record mixer. In one pass I'm recording on few tracks and I don't have "additional" free tracks that will receive anythhing on the same channels.
By elmacaco Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm
Ah I see. Yeah the multi is weird in that way, it shloud let you assing diff. channels to tracks as you want not just 1 per track.

Why are you using multi if I may ask?