Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By dshook Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:44 pm
Hoping that it's possible to update the OS to be able to play with patterns in the pad status screen as you can now (in os2xl) but quantize them all to the nearest beat as they are triggered to help keep everything lined up (ableton style). Would be an amazing feature to add.

Thanks!
By dshook Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:43 pm
Does anybody know about this? Do I need to request it elsewhere? Has someone else already looked into this possibility with them? Really would like to find a way to lock patterns to a grid, would help out the live band set a ton!
By bliprock Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:25 am
Yeah I know how to keep time when I play :shock: :lol:
just hit those pads in time. I think Quantisation should affect pattern play back from pad hit to, but it needs an off to like quantize feature. Though if you just play in time its not an issue much.
By dshook Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:53 pm
I would use the feature for triggering loops from a foot controller, and having a drummer on the metronome click, so that it all lines up on stage. I can play in time just fine, but for this type of setup having everything floating just isn't reliable enough, especially foot-triggered. Of course my use of the 1k is not typical but it seems ilke that is somewhat the idea with a lot of these JJOS features, to break it out of the standard MPC thing and turn it into a powerful versatile instrument of its own.

Cheers!
By dshook Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 pm
Yeah I know - was hoping to be able to assign lines as patterns rather than tracks/sequences and be able to bring them in on any beat on any bar, but quantized (pad status window style). It works beautifully except for the problem that it won't quantize anything. At the beginning of the pattern section of the 2xl manual he says that timing correct doesn't work on patterns. I assume it's a processor power thing but I just thought I would make sure before writing the whole thing off completely.