Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By kountryboi84 Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:39 am
Whats up fellas I have a handful of feature request/bug fix that would greatly (imo) shore up a few issues in OS3. So here is my list.....

1. Please fix Midi Edit for all Midi Channels. Os2xl was perfect in this regard because you could see exactly where your sliding your notes if they needed adjustments.

2. In my spare time instead of making complete songs I like to make Midi Patterns. For some reason there is a graphics bug when you make a midi pattern using chords. In this particular menu the midi notes are all over the Place.

3. When placing patterns on a pattern track its awkward because Im never sure where to place the cursor and it works but only when it wants to (you have to really play with this feature).

4. In Song Mode when converting a Song to Seq please add the option to change the Track Status from "Ref to 1st seq" to "Ref to (Seq 1-4...)" The reason being is I often times will make 3-4 Songs all on different sequences and this is cumbersome because I now have to juggle to get ie. seq 4 to seq 1 to properly convert to a song.

5. In Sample Slice Mode allow the samples to play from whatever bank you want the samples to be placed while previewing. Currently you have to be in Bank A to preview slices even if you want the slices assigned to Bank C. I cant tell you how many times I wasn't paying attention and completely had to "rechop" a sample because I assigned them to the wrong bank.

6. In Drum Pgm midi edit......Loop and view are awkward. Sometimes the notes wont show correctly. It works but its not as smooth as it could be.

7. This one is very near and dear to my heart..... In track edit mode Please for the love of everything Holy add realtime recording. This to me would eliminate the need to use song mode all together because you could realtime record and arrange your midi data as you saw fit. Even if realtime recording is a stretch allow users to copy and paste patterns. This would add alot of flexibility to this feature because users could copy patterns from different Sequences and even DIFFERENT SONGS and drop them on the "Story Board." This would really enhance this Os and make it more DAW-like.

8. Lastly in TrEdit mode, I use Audio Seq on my first track as a song marker by using the "Memorize" option" this allows me to jump around to find ie Chorus 1, Verse 3 etc. What I would recommend is that there be a "Memorize Now" bank to see which pad is assigned to what song location. So that I could fire off song locations from the straight the bank and know my song location at a glance.

Ok thats if fellas......I differently tried to cover everything because this Os is GREAT but it is still pretty bumpy. Also I do realize that we may have seen the last of some of the Key updates for this OS so this all could be for nothing but hopefully Im wrong. Peace
By allank Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:16 am
+1 for all of these for OS128xl..

Has someone cut these up into individual reports via the bug reporting system?
By kountryboi84 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 am
allank wrote:+1 for all of these for OS128xl..

Has someone cut these up into individual reports via the bug reporting system?

Whats up Allank! Thanks for the support. Me and one of the Moderators are currently working on getting everything smoothed out. So please let me know if there is anything that I may have missed and hopefully we can get everything knocked out.
By bliprock Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:51 am
I don't get the bug No.2. I mean I don't see the bug at all in my OS3. Are you in chord mode or pattern mode?

We been asking for No.1 since it dropped and its not gonna happen most likely.

4 is just a work flow thing, so you can work around it and all the OS's are like this. We can deal with it pretty easily and so can you right ?

5. well use copy bank feature der

7. well hold note kinda helps but wont be able to change it up unless yo are recording
Why not just substitute a pattern instead? you wont get that functionality as its not a bug but a limitation. So I would not hold your breath, though you never know. So like I said you use patterns instead of cutting and pasting as its pretty much the same result.
By kountryboi84 Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:26 pm
:Sigh: Blip.... I can always count on your insightful responses. Ultimately if your fine with using "workarounds" then this post is not meant for you.

bliprock wrote:I don't get the bug No.2. I mean I don't see the bug at all in my OS3. Are you in chord mode or pattern mode?

Its been confirmed as a bug and it happens in pattern mode.

bliprock wrote:We been asking for No.1 since it dropped and its not gonna happen most likely.

I know that we have been asking for this one for a minute but I say lets show a little persistence and hopefully one of these devs will have a change of heart.

kountryboi84 wrote:4 is just a work flow thing, so you can work around it and all the OS's are like this. We can deal with it pretty easily and so can you right ?

Hilarious! Thats why its called a "Feature Request".......right?

bliprock wrote:5. well use copy bank feature der

Thats not the point.

bliprock wrote:7. well hold note kinda helps but wont be able to change it up unless yo are recording
Why not just substitute a pattern instead? you wont get that functionality as its not a bug but a limitation. So I would not hold your breath, though you never know. So like I said you use patterns instead of cutting and pasting as its pretty much the same result.

The aim with my feature request is not to debate whether or not a "workaround" is a better option that an actual "Fix"...... because we all know better. What I would like to see is all of the Os3 menus working in sync. As it stands all of the options are mostly independent which is why we are still making "Feature Requests" to this day. We shouldnt give up on asking for things that we deem needs fixing but push to get everything functioning properly before they pull the curtain on this Os.
By bliprock Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 am
ok cool, No. 2 gonna be fixed, but i had not seen it obviously.

kountryboi84 wrote: I cant tell you how many times I wasn't paying attention and completely had to "rechop" a sample because I assigned them to the wrong bank.
So you want JJOS to fix your mistakes basically :Sigh: cos you didn't remember to do the bank copy first. That is how I see it. I know where ya coming from but to me its a waste of time and ROM. I would suggest you think it through more to, and the real feature you should be asking for is a start note when it goes the write program window . It would be set to default pad1 but you could instead just hit a pad at this stage, and that pad hit would be the start point of the chops that are laid out in that program. This would let you lay out multiple chops into a continuous key/pads
By kountryboi84 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:44 pm
kountryboi84 wrote:
I cant tell you how many times I wasn't paying attention and completely had to "rechop" a sample because I assigned them to the wrong bank.

bliprock wrote:So you want JJOS to fix your mistakes basically cos you didn't remember to do the bank copy first. That is how I see it. I know where ya coming from but to me its a waste of time and ROM. I would suggest you think it through more to, and the real feature you should be asking for is a start note when it goes the write program window . It would be set to default pad1 but you could instead just hit a pad at this stage, and that pad hit would be the start point of the chops that are laid out in that program. This would let you lay out multiple chops into a continuous key/pads

No what "WE ALL" want is for the Devs to finish what they started. Clearly by my quote I point out that it was my "mistake" but that is only because the workflow is completely interrupted during the chopping process. With that being said..... I like your alternative to hit the pad and make that the default pad bank, this would be great! Or lets say you have already chopped to Bank A and you chop the Next sample. Instead of having to manually choose the bank what if the Os places the chops in the "Next Available" empty slots/bank. If we combined both our suggestions you could chop samples continuously until the Banks are full or Manually place your chops wherever you liked. Again Blip that was a great suggestion.......Lets keep making noise!!!