Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By JMagee Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 pm
Can we get simul pads to trigger via a midi note? It's a great feature and it would be cool to use even if your pads on their last leg.

Just to clarify I have "mega simul" program where I have layered 15 samples with the simul function. All of the sounds trigger correctly from a pad but when playing back from my computer's sequencer or triggering from my keyboard I don't hear a sound.

I know in the manual it says you can't trigger from a midi note but it would be awesome if you could. Like stupid awesome. Sorry for redundancy if this request was already made - nothing popped up after a couple few searches.
By JMagee Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 pm
Yeah, I looked into that function but it really just reassigns pad assignments to a particular function - won't actually allow me to trigger notes on/off. It doesn't matter if you use Simul1 or Simul2 - Simul pads only respond to midi from the pad, not a midi note received.

For example, regardless of whether the pad is set to Simul1 or Simul2 I can record my sequence coming from the computer into my MPC and the playback from the MPC will trigger the simul pads in question. I just really want to be able to sequence in this manner.
By bliprock Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:19 am
JMagee wrote:Is this an impossible request?

Well one way to do it would be to us the chord bank and make your own chord. I hink recently this was midi triggered from keyboard, but not sure, that and you wont be able to stack that many pads. 15 samples at once?? WTF
By JMagee Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:25 pm
Well we're using the MPC for a simple sequence/sampler situation with my band. The 1000 with OS2XL work well in this situation - sequences by nature must be planned and we're only really using some basic drum machine sounds most of which I've sampled from my Roland R8M. The R8M has this nuance feature, essentially a drum wavetable, giving 16 possible timbre variations. I've multisampled them and now have some really playable kits on the MPC that don't take up a ton of room and feel a little more alive without having to rely on filters. And I really don't want to have to make a rack just for outboard synths and drum machines to lug around, there's already enough gear so that's why I just made massive multi-sampled kits.

This way I can I have 808, 909, and CR-78 kits loaded up and they're all multi-samples layered by velocity. Then the MPC is driving the sequences and the MIDI Note to Tap Tempo is pretty clutch for a live situation and assigning a drum pad to tap tempo duties.