Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By plus321 Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:20 pm
If you set up an arp type track on a program or midi, when you play the pads, it is not quantized, which is expected. But when you punch in to record the arp, it ignores the quantize (TC) settings and leaves it unquantized.
By bliprock Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 am
yeah cos that way the ARP setting is not changed and is as set. You can TC after recording anyways.
Same as ARP in CHORD mode I think, and is a good way to do it. I mean if i set my ARP of chords to 36 but the timing correct is on then the timing correct will then move the setting i set to something else and that is kinda not good right. what is the point of setting it then it not working. I think you want swing live right as that is the only thing i can think of that you want in your ARP. this is not a live thing i think and so yeah ignores when recording.
By plus321 Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 pm
I tried reporting this through the website and I never get a reply back so it seems like the only way to go is through this website.

Can somebody please report this as a bug?

About what you said above, I only use the mpc to play live so I can't stop the sequencer. I don't think it's too much to ask that these 'features' work the way they should instead of being a wildcard that sometimes overrides other global settings. TC is TC, it should work on all recorded material, that's what it's for. If you want it off, then turn it off before you record. That's what it's for. I understand there may be a limitation to keep the arp from being quantized as you play it, but once you record it into the sequencer and it plays back, it should be quantized. Why wouldn't it be? Why would it override the quantize setting?

If it's so easy for you to stop the sequencer, then maybe you can stop it, switch it off, then record.
By plus321 Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:35 pm
I understand there's going to be some bullshit reason why this obvious bug will be left in there along with the weird **** up parts of every other 'feature' on this os, but I want to hear the reason why this is the way it is from the guy who made it this way.
By bliprock Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:52 am
OK so I purposely make a ARP at 1/8-3 and then turn on timing correct to 1/16, the timing correct will null the ARP. So this is a limitation.
All gear has limitations, and how you deal with them is the art of the using the gear. I doubt that if JJ told you the same you would change your attitude. I can only assume that you would want the shuffle on your ARP?
What work arounds have you tried or thought off?
I would maybe suggest that if you are in multitimbral mode you can feed out the ARP by midi back into another track with TC. Have you tried that? You would need to rechannelise the ARP out to another midi track though.