Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By soulgolem Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:41 pm
This bug is still not fixed after many years, i love my JJOS2XL a lot, but i would really like this feature to be bug-free so i could use it, it would make for an absolute sampler synth with real time live use capabilities.

It has been reported in a few other threads, but basically it goes like this :

When using an INST program for instance, play the pads of your instrument and tweak the LPF value using the Q-link filter, leave your Q-link in a position, the LPF position is latched, every following notes you will play will have that LPF value to them.

Try the same thing but instead of using the mpc pads, use an external midi keyboard, the LPF value changes as you move the slider but resets to the original program position with every new note on message, so impossible to do smooth filter sweeps using external midi.

Once it's recorded on a sequence, it plays back as it should, but while performing it doesn'T.

Ideally, i'd be doing that but instead of using a Q-link slider, i'd send in a CC filter value change with a knob on my midi keyboard.
By le rat Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 am
Got an answer but there's some confusion :

First of all, do you confirm you use OS2XL (MPC1000)? Which version? Latest one?

Do you use INPUT THRU? (seems that there are issues with this function)

Concerning OS128XL and OS3 it is made not to work deliberately. But concerning OS2XL and OS-XL it should work so there's something to dig here.

I repeat myself but if you could take a video it would be easier to understand. Don't forget that something that looks obvious for you is not obvious for everyone :wink: