Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By jellaworth Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:28 am
My apologies in advance if I'm missing some sort of standard format for these posts. I can't seem to find any info about how to put in these bug requests.

I have MPC 2500 jjOS Free, v. 3.13. I was recording and tapping out a sequence, as usual, when all of the sudden I couldn't record anything new onto the track. The OVERDUB button lit up and the sequence played as if it's recording, but nothing gets written onto the track. I tried on multiple tracks, multiple sequence but nothing. I then tried a different program and different samples. With that, I was sometimes able to record and undo once. Then, with a second try, the same thing happens— nothing gets recorded/written to the sequence.

I tried a hard reset and reformatted the hard drive. No luck, same thing happens. I redownloaded jjOS and reinstalled it onto the machine. Still, same thing. I was beginning to think it was a hardware issue of some sort, but then I tried downloading the original Akai software just to see what happened. Voila! I could record sequences again. So I guess it must have something to do with the jj operating system...?

I really prefer using jjOS, so I'd like to find some solution. For now, the original Akai OS is the only thing that works. Very frustrating. Not sure how to go about it or where to turn other than here.