Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Grump Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 am
There are many features in 2xl that I would gladly see sacrificed for the ability to record into tracks on the fly, as well as quantizing, adjusting swing, or editing notes without having to stop the clock, like the live audio loop recording feauture. Being able to do these things on the fly would make the MPC1k/2500 arguably one of the most powerful live performance tools ever created, allowing for much greater live improvisation. Is this possible?
By bliprock Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:31 am
no.

these are limitations, and you work around them. And why can you not record on the fly? I can, what is stopping you here? or what is the problem with your workflow that makes you want it to be different. Quantise can be turned off and on and changed as recording, but you wont be able to change the notes QT record till after its stopped of course, but if you know the QT you want its easy to dial in as you play.
By Grump Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:46 am
Don't try to lecture me on how to achieve a workflow I enjoy. You didn't write the OS, you don't know what it could be capable of. So shut it. I didn't ask for your lame idea of a workaround. I asked for a feature that I want. You can't provide it so walk away. Good day, sir. :fku:
By bliprock Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:50 am
look you asked if it can be done, I said no. I mean from my experience its a limitation that has always been there and its not so much a programming thing.
What you can do is just record in real time. I mean the only way to really punch in and out is either foot switch to punch in and out or just trim the over flow after. You can even change tracks and quantise as you still are recording and loop it, so loop the part as your recording to is another way. So you can easily in real time punch in. But I mean if your performing right, there is a count in? ever? that means stopping the MPC to so ??? you know then is when you edit some.

if its all sequence based you can just record in loop, then hit pad and what erase i think for you to remove notes/pad hits and the like

you are talking more phrase sampler deal hey