Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By th@ n!?htcrawler Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 am
i just finished looking at info for the upcoming V2 OS on the JJOS site. I also posted a request a few days ago. I noticed splash screen view added to test mode, which was mentioned in my last post so...wow! I've been a JJOS user and fan for many years and would like to share some opinions, ideas, and requests. My primary request is for a LIVE STEP SEQUENCER just like the layout and function of loop edit of grid in SP OS. To me this is a very useful tool and standard on most computer and hardware based sequencers. The data wheel or cursor used to select a pad while pads 1-16 correspond to steps 1-16, turning steps on and off as pressed. This is a very intuitive way to program and also allows you to compose live, on the fly. This is inspirational and a great way to come up with new ideas. You could compose and perform a whole song live without ever leaving the screen. OK, so that is my main request. I also have a few opinions as they relate to how I use the mpc. OK, I like pad status display mode for live playing, I would also invert color of square of any pad playing or looping and display full sample names. I would like to see a global swing adjust per program of recorded events,in GRID MODE, based on swing settings of mpc3000. I think it would be useful if bit grunger displayed actual bits (e.g. 12 =12bit sample 8=8bit sample). The present Loop Edit Mode of XL is useful for editing but to confusing and awkward to use as a live step sequencer. Perhaps, two different modes say, Loop Edit Mode and live Step Sequencer Mode. Here are a few things I personally wont use simul seq- this could be worked around thru sampling or programing,pattern mode- with a live step sequencer programming patterns is super easy, Non-Destructive Chop- I use regular chop or you could simply copy sample and change start and end points on copies. I don't like non-destructive chop because you cant take a piece or a chop and easily move it to another program. To sum up- WE NEED LIVE STEP SEQUENCER. Anyway, just one user's opinion. Thanks!