Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By A pair of Glasses Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:19 pm
Hi.

I found an strange bug in the mpc, that doesn't allow for sequence selection any more.

I shall explain the setup first....
Ableton9 is providing the clock for the mpc.. That's all.
I'm working with the track-mutes alot got some basic loops on the tracks and from there I'm building and stacking different sounds.. Because the pad-mute won't work with directly recorded loops .. This is some kind of a workaround.
Meaning that sequence 1 contains different loops, and also different programs... And after a while i can switch to seq2 and build something new.

So when playing around in seq1 and only working with track-mutes I still can switch to seq2...

But when recording some live drumming in seq1 on track1 (couple of hihats or so) then returning to track-mute screen to do some more muting .. And than wanting to switch to seq2, it wont go to seq2, in than need to stop the sequencer and push play again to resolve this problem/bug.

So basicly when recording "live" drumming the pad-mute function doesn't work if you didn't start/stop the sequencer first.. This is an known fact and I can work around.

But is this also a known issue with the track-mutes?? It works but after a bit of live recording you can't switch sequences. Unless of course you press stop and start again. And I was planning on playing for more than one hour without pressing the stop button.

Thanks in advance for any tips/ideas or better yet.... An fix

Greets
Danny
By A pair of Glasses Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:34 pm
I think its solved...
It's just not possible for live drum-recording combined with pad-mute or track-mute without encountering some kind of restrictions or things freezing.

So back to the drawing board to come up with a new idea that lets me work around this.

And no... I will not sell the unit.. It's brilliant with jjos :-)

Greets