Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By th@ n!?htcrawler Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm
I have recently started using mpc 2500 with XL screen in a live context and have run into some issues. What I would like to be able to do is play a song as a backing track and trigger samples live over top of song. You cant trigger samples in song mode so my first thought was to convert song to sample and assign to pad. Problem I ran into is, while creating stutters or swells with pads I would max out notes and first sample triggered (backing track) would drop out mid-song, NOT GOOD. Second idea was to assign the sample to a track but, same issue. Ended up recording tracks to cd freeing mpc for live use but, have to pack a lot more gear, would like to be able to do this only using MPC. Ran OS V 1.81 because, for me, PSTAT mode is vital for live use. Been going back and forth with OS 1.81 for live use and OS 2.16 for composing, which is kind of a pain. But I need 1.81 pstat for live use and the 2.16 pattern mode and track edit are simply brilliant. One solution, which I cant afford, would be to buy a second MPC. I could run OS 1.81 on the first to trigger live samples and run 2.16 on the second to play back and remix tracks with track edit. But once again I cant afford to do that now plus still more gear to transport, no extra room in studio, plus you cant access note repeat settings from pstat screen. I had another idea, so here is my request for V 2.18- On the MAIN screen in DRUM mode replace bottom half of screen with 4x4 grid displaying names of samples as laid out on pads (you can access note repeat settings from this screen). Have AUDIO mode next option after DRUM so you can go back and forth between these modes quickly. This would make it easy to trigger samples live and remix a track using track edit functions. Also, have audio track/s reserved from available notes so they wont cut out if you hit the maximum number of notes played. This would address all issues, make OS V 2.xx more versatile for live use and composing without having to go back and forth between OS versions or tote a lot of extra gear. If anyone else has had these issues or has any ideas I would love to hear from you. Thanks!