Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By evil A Sulli Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 pm
Nym wrote:
I think the settings in 3.08 is needed with "F3" having "Cut" that will switch to "Paste"("F3" now says" Paste") if "Copy"("F2") or "Cut" ("F3") is pressed.

i liked that idea, til i realized what if you copy something, and then realize you copied the wrong part and need to do it over again? you'd have to paste your data first, and then delete it, and then recopy it.

we're getting closer to a good idea, but we're not there yet.

Ahh, good point. Well in the case of using cut and it changed to paste, undo should give you the ability to return the cut data and revert "Paste" back to "Cut".

Also as you stated above "if you copy something, and then realize you copied the wrong part" then press "Copy" again and it will hold the data of the most recent hi-lighted press of "Copy".

It works the same as "Ctrl+C"--it remembers the latest press.
By astronaut Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:39 am
Q-Link slider volume adjust in audio tracks

---
---
---
Audio track region EXTRACT TO SAMPLE

By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:34 pm
astronaut wrote:
[size=115]Audio track region [b]EXTRACT TO SAMPLE

Do it trim window. Audio recorded to track appears in sample edit window. they are called take01 ect. Extract it here.
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 pm
astronaut wrote:Q-Link slider volume adjust in audio tracks

Hit [function]+[F4] then use Qlink slider to adjust volume.
Try it
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:49 pm
yeah move is mad crazy, i like it. I'm trying to use delete,but tact switch issues are making me unable to try it, where is my soldering iron. i like this implimentation it gives us lots of choice in the way we do things.
By astronaut Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:30 pm
bliprock wrote:
astronaut wrote:Q-Link slider volume adjust in audio tracks

Hit [function]+[F4] then use Qlink slider to adjust volume.
Try it

that's how I'm doin it now. But I'd prefer not to go the track mixer every time I wanna adjust the volume of as track.
By astronaut Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:35 pm
bliprock wrote:Do it trim window. Audio recorded to track appears in sample edit window. they are called take01 ect. Extract it here.

The problem with TRIM is that you can't edit the sample according to Bars/beats. So you can't make perfect samples that will loop in sync with the tempo.
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:12 pm
astronaut wrote:
bliprock wrote:Do it trim window. Audio recorded to track appears in sample edit window. they are called take01 ect. Extract it here.

The problem with TRIM is that you can't edit the sample according to Bars/beats. So you can't make perfect samples that will loop in sync with the tempo.

I can. Why cant you?? Are you choppin or making patched phrase. Or are you just looping the sample? If the sample is just being looped then you can not change BPM at all, thats why i chop it. If sample is of human performance it wont usually be exactly to BPM anyways. Specially over a couple of bars. There is a mathematical equation that you can use to work out the samples per second (44000), then work out how many seconds in a bar. Simple. work that out and you will have perfect length, but does not mean loop will work because of reasons above. get me? There are other methods to make a good loop from a sample. Put into a sequence of same length, play it and change bpm till sample loops with sequence with no gaps or overlap. this is a good method to check sample length. I could go on but this aint the place really
By astronaut Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:29 pm
bliprock wrote:
astronaut wrote:

The problem with TRIM is that you can't edit the sample according to Bars/steps. So you can't make perfect samples that will loop in sync with the tempo.

There is a mathematical equation that you can use to work out the samples per second (44000), then work out how many seconds in a bar.

This would just kill the flow.

---

Lemme explain why I want that extract to sample feature.
I record into audio tracks, e.g. playing some riffs over some beat or metronome, for ... 16 bars. Then I find the best bar or few bars... now, if I go into trim and edit the few bars as precise as I can, I could get a sample that would loop in sync to the BPM (i.e. the beat I played the riffs over) but only in the beginning, if the sample will play in a loop for more than a few bars it will start to get out of sync, that's why a precise way to trim/extract a sample according to bar/steps length is needed.

I did find a way to get exact samples, but only bar length size (no steps):

1) Record the riffs into an audio track e.g. 8 bars
2) I like how the Take sounds starting at bar 4 and ending bar 6 = 2 bars
3) Go into trim mode, adjust the beginning of the Take from where I want it to start. This way the audio track will start playing the Take right where I want it to.
4) Now create another audio track, set input to MAIN OUT
5) Set the sequence length to 2 bars and to loop
6) Record into the new audio track. It will record exactly 2 bars and stop. You get a new sample that's exactly 2 bars long (at current BPM)

this is time consuming, but this is the only way I know how to do it.

p.s. it gets more complicated when I use odd time signatures.
p.s.s. sorry for starting a discussion on this in this topic.
if need be we could continue here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=145815

or I could reformulate my request as in the topic above:

an option in TRIM MODE to edit samples in bars/steps.
By Sooty_G Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 am
astronaut wrote:or I could reformulate my request as in the topic above:

an option in TRIM MODE to edit samples in bars/steps.

actually, i think this is a solid request and i would cosign on this. not just for trimming a sample but also for setting loop length.

for example: you could have the F5 key labeled 'SNAP'. activate it and it would ensure that when you moved the start and end points of your loop, they would be snapped to the nearest value to keep the total length of the loop in time with the current sequence tempo.

you could set the SNAP value from anywhere to from 1/1 to 1/64, sort of like how you do with time correct. your loop would then always be in time with the sequence. great for creative uses like polyrhythms or creating a new percussive effect out of a segment of your sample.