Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By hereo Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:17 pm
dasav1 wrote:It would be great to be able to play a sequence from a pad, if you had the option to select a sequence under programs instead of a sample, what do you guys think?

You can. There is a button in the upper righthand corner of your MP called "Next Seq", press that button and there you go. Just load all the sequences you want into your memory and you're good to go.
By hereo Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:26 pm
Here's 1

1) Power on
2)MODE+TRIM
3)CHOP
4) Hold [SHIFT]+RIGHT or LEFT to next REGION at START POINT

Instead of double clicking RIGHT or LEFT all the time. Function will take you to next REGION's START POINT.
By dasav1 Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:06 pm
hereo wrote:
dasav1 wrote:It would be great to be able to play a sequence from a pad, if you had the option to select a sequence under programs instead of a sample, what do you guys think?

You can. There is a button in the upper righthand corner of your MP called "Next Seq", press that button and there you go. Just load all the sequences you want into your memory and you're good to go.

hereo,

you only addressed half of my post! just to make clear what im talking about...recording a sequence using 16 pads, but instead of samples being assigned to pads in a program, a sequence would be assigned to the pad in that program.............as an option.

By hereo Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 pm
Oh, ok. My bad. So you wanna record yourself triggering diff seq's? Ok. Could you resample the main outs while in Next Seq mode and do it? Or resample all your sequences and put them on pads in a pgm and resample them? I kinda did that a couple times to bounce out some quick beats with a kinda live feel.

By dasav1 Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:59 pm
yeah resampling works, that's what I do now but I think it would be an improvement in workflow to trigger sequences with the pads, I dont think you can record and trigger next seq at the same time, that would be the closest right now, I'll try that out.

By thedvs01 Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:09 am
thedvs01 wrote:
thedvs01 wrote:When naming and renaming samples or programs, I want to be able to press SHIFT + the left and right arrows or the Bar Locate buttons and have it move the cursor in the text field to either the very first character or the very last character of the sample/program name (Similar to the HOME and END keys on a computer keyboard)

Can someone with more clout than me PLEASE get this requested to JJ. If they have enough memory to implement a ping pong loop then surely this feature would be cake.

It would be so helpful, I've tried submitting it to them with no luck though.

If not that, at least make it so when you Copy/Paste a program or sample name, the cursor starts at the end of the name instead of the very first character. That is one of the most annoying things on the MPC to me

By Mike Feedback Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:21 pm
rich_biatch wrote:i think id love to press shift+the pad of my choice and go to, say, program edit from track mute without going to main screen first. wouldnt that be groovy?

that and a way to change the active track while in track mute so the q-link sliders can get at the juicy bits without going to the main screen.

time savers?

um... you need to go to the main screen to get into program edit from track mute? i don't with the mpc2500.

and by the way, you need to stop saying things like "groovy" and "juicy bits".

By casonova197 Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:16 pm
I second the grid feature Commander Robot mentioned. If this has already been requested to the site anyone pat me in the back.
By stan steez Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:11 am
hereo wrote:Here's 1

1) Power on
2) MODE+TRIM
3) CHOP
4) Hold [SHIFT]+RIGHT or LEFT to next REGION at START POINT

Instead of double clicking RIGHT or LEFT all the time. Function will take you to next REGION's START POINT.

I am still waiting for this too. I hope JJ will implement this. But I think the cursor should stay at the position of the last slice (either start or endpoint).

You know what would be even better: [SHIFT] + PAD to select a Slice driectly. For Example, [SHIFT] + PAD 12, selects slice 12 and so forth. Since we can created to up to 64 slices, it could be combined with The PAD Bank... that would be hot!

By thedvs01 Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:06 pm
The ability to assign midi note parameters to the 4 layers of a pad. For assigning chords to a pad that would control a synth through midi

By Soothsayer Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:36 pm
thedvs01 wrote:The ability to assign midi note parameters to the 4 layers of a pad. For assigning chords to a pad that would control a synth through midi

This is quite similar to my biggest request for JJ, to have the simult pad feature send out MIDI information for all the pads assigned to simult, not just the original pad hit.

Actually, I'd take either one of these features, I just want to trigger chords with one pad, damnit!
By oma t Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:17 pm
i would like the sample list to begin at the last sample used when assigning a sample to another pad for instance after assigning pad A1 to Kik drum (which is lets say the 20th sample in the memory) when pressing B1 then turning the data wheel the mpc starts from the beginning of the sample list when it would be easier to start from the last sample assigned. This would help when manually assigning a new batch of samples. This is the way that an S5000 works and is alot easier than scrolling from the start, even with using the shift key to go up in 10's. Just an idea!!!!

By thedvs01 Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:15 am
I would like a more customizable click track. Like say, two bars of click before it starts recording.

Or:

What would be even better is if it acted like the ASR-10.

On the ASR, when you went into record mode, the click track would play indefinitely until you began playing. IT would be dope if the JJ could do this as well, so like if you have you midi keyboard a bit far away from your MPC, you would have a bit of extra time to get situated on the keys and then start recording the sequence once you are ready - not just once the 1bar of click track is over.

By Mr modnaR Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:02 am
if you have it set to loop, you can just wait for the sequencer to loop a few times to get your bearings.

By Mike Feedback Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:04 pm
thedvs01 wrote:On the ASR, when you went into record mode, the click track would play indefinitely until you began playing. IT would be dope if the JJ could do this as well, so like if you have you midi keyboard a bit far away from your MPC, you would have a bit of extra time to get situated on the keys and then start recording the sequence once you are ready - not just once the 1bar of click track is over.

i'm not really a fan of that. i recently picked up a micron and it does that. it plays the metronome but only starts recording when you start playing. there is a huge drawback to that method which is you can't record a sequence without a note being triggered at 01:01:00. definitely not something i'd want added to the mpc.

but if it's something that can be added as an option that's defaulted to being off, i have no problem with it, as long as it doesn't interfere with what i do.