Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL

By jahrome Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 am
While your input may be much appreciated to some...none of you are an authority of what cannot be added to the JJ OS....

Regardless of you stating the obvious....the MPC 2500/1000 is way more powerful than an MPC 3000. Compared to the MPC 2500/1000....the MPC 3000 is like its program in BASIC. The operating system of the 2000XL has more features than the MPC 3000...with that said...

...if JJ decided to add the additional TC settings, no Function key/soft key is necessary. You can just as easy go into the TC menu and dial in any additional settings.

By thedvs01 Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45 pm
thedvs01 wrote:When naming and renaming samples or programs, I want to be able to press SHIFT + the left and right arrows or the Bar Locate buttons and have it move the cursor in the text field to either the very first character or the very last character of the sample/program name (Similar to the HOME and END keys on a computer keyboard)

Can someone with more clout than me PLEASE get this requested to JJ. If they have enough memory to implement a ping pong loop then surely this feature would be cake.

It would be so helpful, I've tried submitting it to them with no luck though.

If not that, at least make it so when you Copy/Paste a program or sample name, the cursor starts at the end of the name instead of the very first character. That is one of the most annoying things on the MPC to me

By thedvs01 Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:01 pm
Oh - and merging of chopped samples would be nice. Like say I chop SampleB into SampleB-1 through SampleB-16 and then decide I want to attatch 15 to the end of 4. That would be pretty dope

But that's not as important. I *need* buttons that act like 'HOME' and 'END' keys.

By joeybells Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:01 pm
I've said this b4, but the ability to sidechain the compressor would be killa

By eye_pee Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 pm
Legato/Retrig (i.e. Reason)

By Sooty_G Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:03 pm
simple request: jj just added the ping pong loop feature, i would love it if he could add reverse loop as well. also non-destructive reverse sample playback would be great (you could change between forward & reverse playback on the fly). both of these things are features that pretty much every basic sampler has had for a long time.

By what what Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 pm
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO CONTROL THE FILTERS IN THE INPUT THRU PAGE WITH THE Q-LINK SLIDERS!!!!
I NEED THIS FEATURE, I'M A LIVE PERFORMER, AND I DON'T WANNA DOWNGRADE BECAUSE I LOVE THE RINGMODULATION AND MTC TOO MUCH.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

By thedvs01 Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm
To be able to assign any pad you want to mute the track of your choosing from within the program.

For instance, you lay out a drum sequence on track 1. Then somewhere over in Track 5 or whatever you create a program and assign Pad16 to "Track Mute: 1" and assign the rest of the pads to more samples.

That way in a live setting or what not you could be on Track 5, hit Pad16 to mute the drums on track 1 and then play a fill or a change up in the drums, then hit pad16 again to bring the original drum pattern right back up again.

That way you could easily do change-ups in your already programmed sequences live without having to go to the track mute screen back and forth or recording another sequence. And you could mute any track you wanted while any other track is selected.

By CommanderRobot Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:07 pm
what about this small one:

in grid edit, all notes that are not in the actual scale have a little dot in the event-symbol. hm...

example:
if you look at grid edit scaled to 1/8 and you have a note at 01:00:72, it's shown as it was located at 01:00:48 (because of the 1/8 view).
so putting a little white dot in the black sqare would show that this is not the actual position.
or if you time-shift a note 3 ticks earlier, it would be dotted to show that it's not at the shown position, even on a 1/32 view.

this would make grid edit much more interesting for me. i shift notes often and i feel uncomfortable looking at my bar and everything looks as it is quantized in 1/16...

By mkl... Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:00 pm
i shift notes often and i feel uncomfortable looking at my bar and everything looks as it is quantized in 1/16...

i've asked a doctor about that, he told me it's called laidback disease :shock:
By Bruno Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:43 pm
I really wish we could have a button to mute all outs on the mpc except for the phone out.
This way we could listen/search to samples during a live concert without the whole crowd hearing it on the PA system...
By mkl... Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:57 pm
Bruno wrote:I really wish we could have a button to mute all outs on the mpc except for the phone out.
This way we could listen/search to samples during a live concert without the whole crowd hearing it on the PA system...

i think it will be easier to mod thehardware part of the machine (you'll have dedicated buttons...) :wink:

By po'pimpin Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:38 am
How can you do this MKL???
By dasav1 Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:05 pm
It would be great to be able to play a sequence from a pad, if you had the option to select a sequence under programs instead of a sample, what do you guys think?