Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Triple-X Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:50 am
Not a bug im reporting for the OS.. but rather the site. I AM aware of jjos.net now..

But having just gone to http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc2500 looking to see what the most recent update for OSXL was, (have not checked since late Aug) I noticed that where there used to be (i think) 3 download choices, which were, listed from top to bottom, JJOS Free .bin, JJOSXL .osx (most recent), and JJOS2 .os2 (most recent). (if I remember correctly)

Now I am seeing JJOS free .bin, JJOSXL mpc2500_xl230.osx (Aug, 10 2011) and JJOSXL mpc2500_xl308.os2 (Nov, 14 2011)
however the last one, despite saying .os2, downloads as a .osx file.
At first glance I thought it was an updated version of os2.. at least that is what it appears to look like, although common sense suggests otherwise since os2 hasnt been updated in a year.

I also notice there is now a link to the OS1 and OS2 DL page, as well as a pack pgrm, lfo test and adsr prgm. I do seem to recall there being a link for OS1/2 there on past visits to the site... but is the Os2 thing nothing more than a typo?
Why then is there two versions of OSXL up there? (2.30 & 3.08)

Am I just buggin, or is something off?
Screep cap of what Im talking about
http://twitpic.com/7e0zey/full
By bliprock Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 am
JJOS-XL 3.08 on MPC1000. There is no undo function of delete in main screen grid edit delete. If i am on the grid in the main window, hit OVERDUB and then hit F6 Delete, I cant undo it.
By Jungleman Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:08 am
bliprock wrote:JJOS-XL 3.08 on MPC1000. There is no undo function of delete in main screen grid edit delete. If i am on the grid in the main window, hit OVERDUB and then hit F6 Delete, I cant undo it.

In main screen? You mean GRID EDIT screen, no?
I reported that already, it's fixed in 3.08:

4. [GRID]

[OVERDUB + PLAY START]
UNDO does not work, after holding the ERASE button and performing elimination of a bar with F1 (A BAR) button.
By le rat Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 am
Triple X> Because 2K5 users don't have other choice than buying the latest version (i.e. OS-XL) JJ removed the OS1 and OS2 links from the main page.

You can find them here : http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc2500/old_os.htm

What you see in the main page here are links for the free os and OS-XL os

Until now OS-XL had three major updates. So you can see in the main page a link for the last OS-XL 2.XX version os and another link for the latest OS-XL 3.XX version (the version that's actually in development and which has been released in october)

OS2 and OS-XL are different os. At first OS-XL was an update with a small fee so I guess that's a reason why it didn't take the name of OS3. It has been updated taking the name of OS-XL v.2XX and v.3XX each time there was a major change.

My guess is if you're an early mpc2K5 user and you bought the os each time they were released and if you're still on OS2 you probably have to pay a little amount of money to upgrade to OS-XL
By le rat Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 am
By the way I'm a 1K user and for the latest os the file extension is .os2
Maybe it's different with 2K5 users? os2 and osx file extension?
By bliprock Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:16 pm
Jungleman wrote:
bliprock wrote:JJOS-XL 3.08 on MPC1000. There is no undo function of delete in main screen grid edit delete. If i am on the grid in the main window, hit OVERDUB and then hit F6 Delete, I cant undo it.

In main screen? You mean GRID EDIT screen, no?
I reported that already, it's fixed in 3.08:

4. [GRID]

[OVERDUB + PLAY START]
UNDO does not work, after holding the ERASE button and performing elimination of a bar with F1 (A BAR) button.

No. I mean what i said - the Grid edit in the MAIN window. And I am running JJOS-XL 3.08 as stated in my post so....... thanks for trying
By Triple-X Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:46 pm
le rat wrote:By the way I'm a 1K user and for the latest os the file extension is .os2
Maybe it's different with 2K5 users? os2 and osx file extension?

yeah.. thanks for your reply. what you said makes sense.. to a degree.
i actually came into JJOS at JJOSXL1.15 which was over 2 yrs ago. As such the page has evolved since then, and I have noticed minor changes and additions over time.

For me on the 2500, the free OS and OS1 files are .bin, the OS2 files are .os2, and the osxl files .osx and its been like that since I have been using JJ. I just looked at the jj 1000 page tho, and sure enough your right too.
I think that explains it for the 2500 page. its simply a typo on the 2500 page for the newest 3.xx JJOSXL.
As I suspected, BOTH of the OSXL files on the 2500 page should say .OSX, while the newest 3.08 still says os2. obviously a typo or copy paste carry over error during the page update recently.

I'm glad i noticed it tho, as it made me aware of the difference between the 1000/2500 file extensions for the latest versions.
I was not aware that it was different from the 1k to the 25k. good to know.

Meanwhile, Im still on 2.30.. Guess its time for an update!!
woooo!!

p.s. for the record.. I purchased osxl at one time, rather than os1 then os2, then upg to osx.. just copped osx
I have been updating steadily since then, but had not realized that 3.0 was even out, I've been too busy actually USING my mpc, to notice hahah! thnx again fam
By le rat Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:52 pm
haha glad you've been busier using it rather than commenting on it :wink:
Yeah it must have been a copy-paste typo
By le rat Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:54 pm
I found a bug with the padchange window, if you press F3 that will close the window.
I found other bugs with the new cut&paste function but didn't have the time to clearly identify them.
By Triple-X Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 pm
le rat wrote:I found a bug with the padchange window, if you press F3 that will close the window.
I found other bugs with the new cut&paste function but didn't have the time to clearly identify them.

I always come up on a bug when hitting F6 going from trim to prgm mode, and end up on some other screen.
I know thats not very helpful, and im not reporting it per se officially, since I move so quickly from screen to screen that when it occurs within 20ms im like "huh".. "oh" press press "ah" to simply get pass it, rather than being puzzled by its occurrence.

more or less, when creativity hits, Im not stopping for bugs. But in this case, since it has been ONGOING for several versions, I will have to pay closer attention to when and how it is happening so I can report it here.

thanks for all your insight le rat.
By consuming Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm
Triple-X wrote:
le rat wrote:I found a bug with the padchange window, if you press F3 that will close the window.

I always come up on a bug when hitting F6 going from trim to prgm mode, and end up on some other screen.
I know thats not very helpful, and im not reporting it per se officially, since I move so quickly from screen to screen that when it occurs within 20ms im like "huh".. "oh" press press "ah" to simply get pass it, rather than being puzzled by its occurrence.

more or less, when creativity hits, Im not stopping for bugs. But in this case, since it has been ONGOING for several versions, I will have to pay closer attention to when and how it is happening so I can report it here.

thanks for all your insight le rat.

Same here. Cannot pinpoint the exact conditions, though.
By jazzroom Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:44 am
le rat wrote:
martin wrote:
le rat wrote:Does it happen again if you reset the MPC?

if you mean turn it off and back on: yes, i tried that several times.

I meant after maintaining the ERASE key at start-up.
(don't forget to save the system setup by the way in order to reload it afterwards)

If you still get freezes you should send that project to JJ.

I've just installed the OS 2.27 XL on MPC1000 ... worked on the beat ...before i've decided to safe it

i've accidentally pushed some button combination .... and Looping recorder showed up ??!
i've tried to push MAIN button or any other buttons but the MPC is Frozen ....:(

i guess no way to escape the Looping Recorder screen... so do i to have to reboot MPC....?
did i just i've lost my beat..... ? :cry:

I've never ever had a crash before with with versions 4.x ...... What is the most stable version if Any?
By le rat Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 am
Jazzroom> You probably pressed mode + pad 11 which is the shortcut to GPE in older os

Even now I sometimes make the "mistake" but fortunately I didn't have a fatal crash like you.

The answer to what you're quoting is in the previous page :

While playing back a sequence, please do not go to looping recorder mode from the main. (It may not work normally.)
While playing back a sequence, please do not go to main from the looping recorder mode. (It may not work normally.)

So if you go by accident in the looper mode, avoid pushing the play button inside that mode.

If you still want to use os2xl you can do a reset by pressing the ERASE button at start-up. Then you can save your system set-up. Otherwise if you felt happy with OS1 you can go back :)
By jazzroom Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm
le rat wrote:Jazzroom> You probably pressed mode + pad 11 which is the shortcut to GPE in older os

Even now I sometimes make the "mistake" but fortunately I didn't have a fatal crash like you.

The answer to what you're quoting is in the previous page :

While playing back a sequence, please do not go to looping recorder mode from the main. (It may not work normally.)
While playing back a sequence, please do not go to main from the looping recorder mode. (It may not work normally.)

So if you go by accident in the looper mode, avoid pushing the play button inside that mode.

If you still want to use os2xl you can do a reset by pressing the ERASE button at start-up. Then you can save your system set-up. Otherwise if you felt happy with OS1 you can go back :)

thanks for the tip Le rat :)
going to try the latest JJ OS 3.08 today... hopefully its not too buggy ?
By sally Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:19 pm