Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL

By littlerob Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 pm
dunno if this is the right thread to report a bug wiv this os. basically when i step edit some midi events i hav recorded it keeps adding random pitch bends into the step edit, its a bit random, but happens almost every time i use step edit. btw, im using a midi keyboard connected to the mpc and ableton live. im using the synths in ableton, and at stage one recording into the mpc (eventually i track my stuff out into ableton). unfortunately my timing aint great and im clumsy on the keyboard, so when recording chords i tend to make some notes in the chord longer/louder than others. which is why im editing loads in step edit. anyone else had this problem? def seems like a bug.

(i posted this in the wrong thread b4, sorry).

By truvc Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 am
littlerob wrote:dunno if this is the right thread to report a bug wiv this os. basically when i step edit some midi events i hav recorded it keeps adding random pitch bends into the step edit, its a bit random, but happens almost every time i use step edit. btw, im using a midi keyboard connected to the mpc and ableton live. im using the synths in ableton, and at stage one recording into the mpc (eventually i track my stuff out into ableton). unfortunately my timing aint great and im clumsy on the keyboard, so when recording chords i tend to make some notes in the chord longer/louder than others. which is why im editing loads in step edit. anyone else had this problem? def seems like a bug.

(i posted this in the wrong thread b4, sorry).

no worries. i cannot reproduce your bug though.

one issue is your description is quite unclear.
try to make it simple, and please jump lines to make it easier to read.

at the moment i would guess it is an error on your side. but i cannot understand exactly how you plugged your gear.

cheers :)

By truvc Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:15 pm
a very old bug...

with mpc set to send midi clock to external midi sequencer

_ [MAIN] page
_ press [Window] while cursor on Seq name
_ Next sequuence:IMMEDIATE PLAY
_ [main] page
_ press [play start] : mpc starts + external midi sync to midi clock starts
_ cursor on Seq name
_ turn jog wheel: change seq immediately
bug: external midi gear is a bit out of sync.

By Antonym Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:36 pm
nym again. here is a bug report. i do not know if it is correctable - maybe?

1 - load and SLICE sample to new PROGRAM
2 - record performance
3 - audition performance with PLAY, then stop.
4 - imagine: sliced sample is too loud.
5 - turn down TRACK VELOCITY while PLAYING. set it to %50
6 - NOTE: TRACK plays 1/2 QUIET
7 - play pads. NOTE: pads still play at %100
8 - BUG: pads do not play at TRACK VELOCITY percentage.

note: it appears that TRACK VELOCITY applies to RECORDED NOTES, not actual PADS. bug? kind of. what do you think?

2nd bug: WRONG BARS are chosen in QREAL Edit.

1- load project with performance
2- assign a QREAL
3- enter QREAL edit
4- insert 0-100 sweep from first bar to last bar in 8 sequence
5- TAP TEMPO + scroll right OR TAP TEMPO + >Bar to select all 8 bars
6- TAP TEMPO + scroll left OR TAP TEMPO + <Bar to DESELECT LAST BAR.
7- NOTE: cursor is not displayed correctly (inaccurate selection).

NOTE: this is VERY similar to the following bug fixed in 4.66

"2. [GRID]
  TAP TEMPO + Data wheel turn to right.
  Two or more bras are chosen.
  TAP TEMPO + Data wheel turn to left.
  Cursor is not displayed correctly."

By wudsiba Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:31 am
just loaded 4.72 last night and was messing with the bit reduction (Amazing feature) and I noticed that when I would reduce something, the original sample would also be effected. Then I reloaded everything and tried to make several versions of gradual reduction just to get a good idea of how it works and it seems like all of the samples play at the lowest reduction. Anyone else have this problem? Is it still that way with 4.73? How do I "officially" report a bug? Did I just do it? Where's my money and why is my lip all busted up?

By JACOB of DURBAN Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 am
Whenever I record through the Track Record and rename the sample after it is recorded, the MPC renames the sample above in the Sample List menu when I press Enter.

By rinseout Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:05 am
1. Power on
2. Load a project
3. Press "Main"
4. Press "Play" or "Play Start", Sequence plays
5. Press "Track Mute", playback hangs/stutters for half a second
Same happens if you change to "Next Seq" screen, but only the first time you do it.

Bugs are to reported here: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/index.html

By truvc Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:13 am
1: select a track with different pads recorded. some at the same time.
2: mode + [grid]
3: "6 pad" view
4: press [REC].
5: press [STOP].
6: hold [shift] + press [bar >] or [bar <] several times to go to the next or previous recorded events.
bug: behaviour is strange. sometimes go to next event (ok), but sometime jump events. sometimes stay to current event.
(but no bug if choose "16 pads" view)

this bug does not happen all the time. seems that it needs to have some events recorded outside of the 6 pads view.
By amsterdan Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:55 pm
hi there
when in song mode when i convert back into a sequence
sometimes very strange things happen
because of this it is very resricting
cheers
dan
By po'pimpin Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:05 am
Does anyone else have a problem with PURGE'ING?? Every time I press purge it just sits there and says wait.

edit... this only happens when my ram is full for some reason.
By hereo Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:43 pm
po'pimpin wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with PURGE'ING?? Every time I press purge it just sits there and says wait.

edit... this only happens when my ram is full for some reason.

What version po'pimpin?

By po'pimpin Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:34 am
v 4.74

whenever i get the insufficient memory screen. I try to purge. i have even left it on over night and nadda.

By stan steez Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:02 pm
v4.75 "bug": INPUT THRU is deactivated after mounting the MPC via USB with a Computer (Windows PC). Before mounting: INPUT THRU = ON. After returning to MAIN it's OFF.... anybody else having this problem?