Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By Triple-X Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:24 pm
Here is a bug I just found. at least I guess its a bug.

Just loaded mpc2500_xl308.osx coming from mpc2500_xl230.osx and was checking out some of the changes.

As usual you can hit Main to cycle between the main screen and load screen, however when I do that now, and then hit mode once or twice, I get Pattern options (F1/Pattern, F2/NEXT, F3/BANK on the load menu RATHER THAN F1/Load, F2/Save, F3/USB.

Maybe this has been mentioned already in past posts, but admittedly I dont I have time to check.
Here is a screen shot.

its worth noting, that Pattern, Next and Bank, DO execute their intended commands.
However why are they visible/executable from the LOAD menu? ???
By Jungleman Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 am
bliprock wrote:
Jungleman wrote:
bliprock wrote:JJOS-XL 3.08 on MPC1000. There is no undo function of delete in main screen grid edit delete. If i am on the grid in the main window, hit OVERDUB and then hit F6 Delete, I cant undo it.

In main screen? You mean GRID EDIT screen, no?
I reported that already, it's fixed in 3.08:

4. [GRID]

[OVERDUB + PLAY START]
UNDO does not work, after holding the ERASE button and performing elimination of a bar with F1 (A BAR) button.

No. I mean what i said - the Grid edit in the MAIN window. And I am running JJOS-XL 3.08 as stated in my post so....... thanks for trying

I see. There is no F6 Delete button in Main screen Grid edit, that's why I asked. F6 is Erase.

... tried it, there is still a problem in 3.09 - in fact, it's worse now:
1. In Main screen Grid, press OVERDUB.
2. Press F6(Erase) to erase an event.
3. Press UNDO.
- all events disappear.
4. Press UNDO again.
- all events reappear, except the event erased in step 2.
By bliprock Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm
Jungleman wrote:... tried it, there is still a problem in 3.09 - in fact, it's worse now:
1. In Main screen Grid, press OVERDUB.
2. Press F6(Erase) to erase an event.
3. Press UNDO.
- all events disappear.
4. Press UNDO again.
- all events reappear, except the event erased in step 2.

:? thats weird as i just did it and and its same as last time. I did not get same bug as you. Every thing stays the same when i hit undo. nothing happens at all for me
By astronaut Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm
os2xl 3.07

just recorded a 4 bar audio sample (take01) in 4/6 signature. Increased the length of the sequence to 8 bars. At bar 5 in the sample field set it to take01. The sequence starts playing ok, but when it reaches bar 4 it does not play the sample again. Tried different samples, same thing.
Last edited by astronaut on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By le rat Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 pm
astronaut> not related to your problem directly but out of curiosity are you using a drum or a midi track in that particular sequence too?
By astronaut Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:48 pm
le rat wrote:astronaut> not related to your problem directly but out of curiosity are you using a drum or a midi track in that particular sequence too?

I did. I just erased the drum track. Same thing. It does not even work if I move the cursor to bar 5 and press PLAY. If I move the cursor to bar 2, 3... same thing. It either does not play the sample or plays it but after some time after the PLAY button is pressed. I don't think I had this happen with earlier OS versions.
By astronaut Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 pm
astronaut wrote:
le rat wrote:astronaut> not related to your problem directly but out of curiosity are you using a drum or a midi track in that particular sequence too?

I did. I just erased the drum track. Same thing. It does not even work if I move the cursor to bar 5 and press PLAY. If I move the cursor to bar 2, 3... same thing. It either does not play the sample or plays it but after some time after the PLAY button is pressed. I don't think I had this happen with earlier OS versions.

---

p.s. I just restarted my mpc. The bug is gone. :roll:
By le rat Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:47 pm
I see. Sometimes problems can be solved if you reset the MPC too.

In fact, with a time signature different from 4/4 I'm almost sure that the grid edit will not work properly and that's what I wanted to ask you. There are not so many users who are using exotic time sig so it's hard to have a feedback and track specific bugs.
By evil A Sulli Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 pm
Triple-X wrote:Here is a bug I just found. at least I guess its a bug.

Just loaded mpc2500_xl308.osx coming from mpc2500_xl230.osx and was checking out some of the changes.

As usual you can hit Main to cycle between the main screen and load screen, however when I do that now, and then hit mode once or twice, I get Pattern options (F1/Pattern, F2/NEXT, F3/BANK on the load menu RATHER THAN F1/Load, F2/Save, F3/USB.

Maybe this has been mentioned already in past posts, but admittedly I dont I have time to check.
Here is a screen shot.

its worth noting, that Pattern, Next and Bank, DO execute their intended commands.
However why are they visible/executable from the LOAD menu? ???

That's not a bug it's more like a sacrifice. MODE was not designed to be used with F1 to F6 keys; its purpose was to be used with the pads.All MODE pads are full so the function keys had to be used. I say it was worth it.
By Triple-X Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 pm
Well I just just found something a minute ago working on my 2500 that I dont know if its a bug, or just a bad additive.

Grabbed a sample off of record....Went to TRIM mode, Trimmed the start / end points, discarded them, and left with the core of my sample, I turned Chop:ON, and proceeded to create my chops on each pad when I noticed...

you can no longer see what numbers your typing on screen? WTF?
Working on Pad 2's chop, I wanted to copy that chops Start and end points to the 3rd Pad as well. So as I normally do, I just hit pad 2 so I could see what its start was and just manually enter than number via the number keypad(rather than turning the data wheel for 5 minutes).

The start point was 00022355 for pad 2. I hit pad three to then manually enter the same start point as pad 2, when I noticed the number field did not show what I was typing. Now admittedly, it does show it for a split second, when keying in the number, But it is immediatly overshadowed by the PRESENT value covering it up.
What is the point of typing a number manually there, and even having number keys, if you CANT SEE WHATS BEING ENTERED?

Now that s how I stumbled across the issue, but it can be easily tested with any sample via trim mode. Just load a sample, and cursor to start or end, and manually key in a value with the number keys. You will notice that the values yo are typing or only visible for a split second, with each number key press, then the value you entered remains COVERED by the PRESENT value, UNTIL you hit Enter, which DOES apply that value. Its just that you CANT SEE IT.

Please tell me that isnt something JJ users REQUESTED.
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:36 pm
Triple-X wrote:Well I just just found something a minute ago working on my 2500 that I dont know if its a bug, or just a bad additive.

Grabbed a sample off of record....Went to TRIM mode, Trimmed the start / end points, discarded them, and left with the core of my sample, I turned Chop:ON, and proceeded to create my chops on each pad when I noticed...

Working on Pad 2's chop, I wanted to copy that chops Start and end points to the 3rd Pad as well. So as I normally do, I just hit pad 2 so I could see what its start was and just manually enter than number via the number keypad(rather than turning the data wheel for 5 minutes).

The start point was 00022355 for pad 2. I hit pad three to then manually enter the same start point as pad 2, when I noticed the number field did not show what I was typing. Now admittedly, it does show it for a split second, when keying in the number, But it is immediatly overshadowed by the PRESENT value covering it up.
What is the point of typing a number manually there, and even having number keys, if you CANT SEE WHATS BEING ENTERED?

I am on MPC1000 and i do not have this problem. Make sure you have highlighted the start point field and hit numeric key. enter numbers..... I have them appear as i type. In your post you do not mention hitting numeric key. This is maybe your problem
By Triple-X Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:40 pm
bliprock wrote:
Triple-X wrote:Well I just just found something a minute ago working on my 2500 that I dont know if its a bug, or just a bad additive.

I am on MPC1000 and i do not have this problem. Make sure you have highlighted the start point field and hit numeric key. enter numbers..... I have them appear as i type. In your post you do not mention hitting numeric key. This is maybe your problem

What do you mean hit numeric key? you mean the keys 0 thru 9 ? or a button called Numeric.. Cause I was hitting 0-thru 9 on the Numeric KEYS. lol
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:19 pm
Triple-X wrote:
What do you mean hit numeric key? you mean the keys 0 thru 9 ? or a button called Numeric.. Cause I was hitting 0-thru 9 on the Numeric KEYS. lol

RTFM - yes you can not enter a number untill you hit the numeric key.Hit numeric key then hit pads for your numbers. that will solve your problem
By Triple-X Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:34 pm
bliprock wrote:
Triple-X wrote:

RTFM - yes you can not enter a number untill you hit the numeric key.Hit numeric key then hit pads for your numbers. that will solve your problem

RTFM?

How bout you RTF Thread.

I have a 2500 you tool we dont have numeric button. SMH
or open your eyes and look at my avi. does that look like a 1000 to you fam?
:lol:

You guys are so quick to assume someone is wrong or stupid, and completely sidestep your OWN ignorance :roll: . now unless I misread your post, you appear to be coming off as arrogant. I explained from the jump what the issue was, and what OS and mpc I was on. Its in my location data as well as my avatar of my mpc.

2500's dont HAVE a numeric button yo.
from a fresh boot up, I can load a sample, any sample, and if i try to hand key a numeric value in USING THE ACTUAL NUMBER KEYS a 2500 has, the ORIGINAL VALUE stays on top, and HIDES the value you are TYPING.
Does that not sound like a bug to you? When it worked PERFECTLY in previous versions as recent as 3.08? I think not.
You should know your facts before you tell someone to RTFM.
especially when you were insisting i read the 1000 manual, when I DONT HAVE ONE. If thats not tooly.. I dunno what is.
By bliprock Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:20 pm
Triple-X wrote:
bliprock wrote:
Triple-X wrote:

RTFM?

How bout you RTF Thread.

I have a 2500 you tool we dont have numeric button. SMH
or open your eyes and look at my avi. does that look like a 1000 to you fam?
:lol:

You guys are so quick to assume someone is wrong or stupid, and completely sidestep your OWN ignorance :roll: . now unless I misread your post, you appear to be coming off as arrogant. I explained from the jump what the issue was, and what OS and mpc I was on. Its in my location data as well as my avatar of my mpc.

2500's dont HAVE a numeric button yo.
from a fresh boot up, I can load a sample, any sample, and if i try to hand key a numeric value in USING THE ACTUAL NUMBER KEYS a 2500 has, the ORIGINAL VALUE stays on top, and HIDES the value you are TYPING.
Does that not sound like a bug to you? When it worked PERFECTLY in previous versions as recent as 3.08? I think not.
You should know your facts before you tell someone to RTFM.
especially when you were insisting i read the 1000 manual, when I DONT HAVE ONE. If thats not tooly.. I dunno what is.

knockers ina twist i see, i said i was on 1000 as I saw you have 2500, so thats why i said on 1000, blah blah blah, was trying to help. But i cant help you with that chip on your shoulder or your ego. :lol: I thought 2500 did have, and i was wrong. I can dig it, thanks for letting me know. appreciate it. I say RTFM alot dude, get over it. I am not into vapid name calling and have no interest flaming you as its a waste of time. If you think i have some how insulted you then, bugger hey, g what can i do to make it up to you - not. Note to self, Triple X has issues, and I should not answer him unless i RTFM and make sure I know what i am saying.... :D there is that better