Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Clint Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm
When using my work supplied Nokia Lumia windows phone some posts and threads do not show up, mostly when viewing from the home screen. Meaning that the newest post indicator is incorrect, until I click the thread and find later posts have been added.

For example, for days now when I look at the getting started forum it shows last post was by mpc-tutor on October 9th which is two weeks ago. I even posted a response right after mpc-tutor about a week ago! At first I thought my post had been deleted, but on my iphone it was still there. Strange.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Same phone also screws my ebay app completely, all my saved searches and settings are totally ignored. When I'm on my iphone normality is restored.

So far I've found this windows phone is absolute shit, Nokia handset is decent though.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm
Sounds like a caching issue on your browser. I had a Nokia 620 until I managed to brick it (thought it was plugged in while updating firmware - it wasn't), however never experienced any issues like you mention. Are you using the IE browser? It's a POS, I recommend UC Browser.

Android phone now (Moto 4G), and very happy.
By Clint Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Are you using the IE browser? It's a POS, I recommend UC Browser.

Have to use IE as the phone is set up by work to access corporate network and emails. Not allowed to mess with the internet settings. The issues im reporting are a minor inconvenience, its all good on my iphone.

Whats the UC browser?
By Clint Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 pm
Thanks, I'll have to check it out and see how that browser goes.
By le rat Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:55 pm
Talking about nokia windows phone, is there a special version of mpc-forums for mobile phones?

I bought one last week. Unfortunately from my phone the layout is the same as the standard web version whereas some other forums have another layout designed for mobile phones. So it's difficult to come here and it's especially difficult to post.

Sorry for the newb question :)