Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Jus BEATS Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm
the problem im having is everything is layed out fine.. sounds perfect.. then when i turn my "sequences into a song" one of the samples is all messed up and rearanged... so basically it changes from playback in seq order to when its made into a "song"....? im stumped and its happened a few times. I keep losing my best beats because of it... any ideas would help..

thanks.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:05 pm
Lampdog wrote:Mpc only reads track assignments in the very first seq when playing in song mode. You should have your tracks lined up for all sequences.

seq1 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq2 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq3 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq4 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat

If you do this you'll get correct playback in song mode.

Don't need kick seq3 trk2? Fine, leave that trk as kick but don't record a kick on it. It needs to be lined up with the very first seq in song mode.

In short, name/lineup your tracks like above, convert to song, all should be fine.
By Jus BEATS Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 am
Lampdog wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Mpc only reads track assignments in the very first seq when playing in song mode. You should have your tracks lined up for all sequences.

seq1 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq2 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq3 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat
seq4 - trk1/bass - trk2/kick - trk3/horn - trk4/piano - trk5/snr - trk6/tuba - trk7/hihat

If you do this you'll get correct playback in song mode.

Don't need kick seq3 trk2? Fine, leave that trk as kick but don't record a kick on it. It needs to be lined up with the very first seq in song mode.

In short, name/lineup your tracks like above, convert to song, all should be fine.

the thing is.. im doing it the way i always have.. so i dont understand how its changing on playback of the mixdown a.k.a "Song" now..
By Lampdog Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:17 pm
R U doing it the way I described?
Do that or make it like that.
Convert to song.
Play the song it should be fine.
ALL tracks in ALL seq's should be aligned with the very first seq.
The song will playback fine IF all tracks are the exact same throughout ALL seq's.
By Bugfix Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 pm
Jus BEATS wrote:any ideas would help..

What you do in song mode is automated, but it's still same thing as manually copying all tracks of sequence "x" and adding them to sequence "y", hence sequence "x" will play notes using programs from sequence "y".

Only two ways:

align programs to tracks so they stay same on same track on each sequence (for example having names like Program1 and Program01 can bring headaches)

or

you write your tracks more tediously, by adding Program Change information, which program gonna play on each track and than it can be different on each sequence and it will convert with automated changes.