Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ThomasTheTank Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:20 pm
Hey. I’m new to the producing world. I’ve played guitar for a while now but just got an MPC 2000 xl from a relative. I’ve tried to plug in my guitar to the stereo plug both left and right to sample stuff but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but I would like some help.
By Living Bate Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:29 pm
ThomasTheTank wrote:Hey. I’m new to the producing world. I’ve played guitar for a while now but just got an MPC 2000 xl from a relative. I’ve tried to plug in my guitar to the stereo plug both left and right to sample stuff but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but I would like some help.

Is the guitar amplified?
By ThomasTheTank Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:47 pm
Living Bate wrote:
ThomasTheTank wrote:Hey. I’m new to the producing world. I’ve played guitar for a while now but just got an MPC 2000 xl from a relative. I’ve tried to plug in my guitar to the stereo plug both left and right to sample stuff but it doesn’t seem to work. I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but I would like some help.

Is the guitar amplified?

Yes the guitar is amplified. Just a Stratocaster
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm
I used to plug a strat direct into the MPC input, it's a line level source although you'll get a better sound running it via an amp or amp+mic first

Plug it into the 'L' input using a mono jack cable (i.e. standard guitar lead) and in the RECORD page (or was it SAMPLE on the XL?) select 'MONO L' as the 'input' on the sample screen.
By ThomasTheTank Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:09 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I used to plug a strat direct into the MPC input, it's a line level source although you'll get a better sound running it via an amp or amp+mic first

Plug it into the 'L' input using a mono jack cable (i.e. standard guitar lead) and in the RECORD page (or was it SAMPLE on the XL?) select 'MONO L' as the 'input' on the sample screen.

The input is stuck on analog. It won’t move. That’s the only problem I’ve been having